Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley - Now a Hero. Vicente still a villain.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm not villifying Vicente but I think the Club need to sit down with him and ask him truthfully, whether he feels he will be able to contribute to our Season.

If not then we should ask him to tear up his contract, as I think he said at the time of joining he doesn't need the money.

FFS - He was ready to come on as sub 2 games in a row recently but couldnt because of injuries to others late on. DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THIS???

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was Buckley not a hero after his first game?

He was. But according to some on here, you cannot still be growing in your early 20's and therefore his hamstring injuries were just a sham, he was pulling a fast one and was a "sicknote".

I wonder if it has occurred to these people that say these things, that perhaps Buckley and Lua Lua are playing so well because they get to train with someone of the class and talent of Vicente?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
FFS - He was ready to come on as sub 2 games in a row recently but couldnt because of injuries to others late on. DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THIS???

I can, and nw he's out injured again. We need to be realistic as to whether he can make a worthwile contribution for the amount of wages we are paying. At the moment its not looking too positive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need to be realistic as to whether he can make a worthwile contribution for the amount of wages we are paying. At the moment its not looking too positive.
Firstly, do we know how much he's being paid (by Tony, not us)? No. And secondly, what difference does it make, we couldn't just terminate his contract anyway. Hopefully he'll get fit and play, and if not, c'est la vie.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well it was Buckley himself in the programme who said "im benefitting from playing more regularly, any player will tell you that you need a few 90mins under your belt to get match fitness and sharpness"

Wise words Will. If only Vicunte had the same opinion.

Your entitled to your opinion about Vicente, God knows you spout it enough, but to spell the name of a Brighton player like that is disgraceful.
If it wasnt for the No of posts and your joining date, I would have wondered if you were that 17 year old scrote that was being talked about on previous threads
and if you threw the Coke bottle at Parr last night.
Twat

AMEXican15

Sep 27, 2011
London
Remeber the goal at Ipswich? Distinctly remember turning to my Dad and saying "...and that was with his weaker foot!"

When he's fit he'll be like a new signing. He could be the difference between finishing mid-table and winning the playoffs IMO.

(1st post :) )

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Remeber the goal at Ipswich? Distinctly remember turning to my Dad and saying "...and that was with his weaker foot!"

When he's fit he'll be like a new signing. He could be the difference between finishing mid-table and winning the playoffs IMO.

Here Here - Proper supporters comments!! Agree 100%

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I am not sure that many did call Buckley a sicknote or a waste of money, if they did they obviously haven't watched the games that he has played in. Certainly been said about Vicente, Hoskins, Lua Lua but Buckley?? Even when getting back to fitness and Buckley has come on for the last 15 minutes and he has looked quality.
He has but there were plenty of sicknote jibes on here during the period he didn't play and the reaction to being told he was having problems with growing pains was pretty much the same as Vicente got when Gus spoke about the problems with his legs last week. Peoples memories (& patience) are so short on here

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well it was Buckley himself in the programme who said "im benefitting from playing more regularly, any player will tell you that you need a few 90mins under your belt to get match fitness and sharpness"

Wise words Will. If only Vicunte had the same opinion.
This is and evidently you are pathetic. Grow up or book yourself on an anger management course son

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I didn't see too many "moronic" posts about Buckley ... yes some frustrations at the numerous injuries in the squad but very very few were picking on Buckley.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
a fit vicente could mean the difference to us making the playoffs or not

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Good 1st post. Better than some of the morons on here who feel compelled to find fault with just about everyone except themselves

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
0,,10433~10425832,00.jpg

A rare out of focus shot of our man. Hope we see him soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here