Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckers or Zaha?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
But we don't have any evidence that they are trying to buy him for that much money?

The press are the ones coming out with the valuations of £15m+ plus, but we know for a fact that they want to sign him. Wenger said it himself the other day.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Who dives the most Ashley Young or Zahaha

Ronaldo dives more than both of them combined. Doesn't mean he's not a fantastic player.

Whether Brighton fans think he is a diver or not won't make a difference if he wins a penalty tomorrow for Glenn to miss :D

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Zaha is almost 3 years younger than Buckley. At 22, Buckley is playing for a midtable Championship side. When Zaha is 22 he'll be an England regular.

There, I think you'll find, is the difference between the two.

EVERY FCUKING THREAD it's "but Winifred is three years younger" no-one FCUKING cares you fcuking Palace ****.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Since the start of the 2011/12 season -

Buckley has 13 goals in 25 starts (0.52)
Zaha has 10 goals in 49 starts (0.20)

The Goals / Assists ratio per start is 0.68 to Buckley, 0.31 to Zaha.

They've done a wonderful job at Palace hyping Zaha to the heavens. But the facts show that Buckley is the more productive player.

Good stats @ just 1 in 5 in this division Z is two bob it turns out

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Against the best defence in the league as opposed to crystal "give you a 2 goal start" palarse

2 goal headstart is fair enough, and yet we are up at the top - should tell you something about our attack. The fact that you lot think its a one-man show is wonderfully ignorant - if your coaching staff have done the same it'll be enormous fun.

You can stat-up Buckley all you want and its a reasonable shout. But Zaha has 3 players marking him now, so all he has to do is move the ball quickly and teams are bang in trouble. Oh and we have a carbon copy on the other wing, if slightly more direct called Bolassie who is getting under everyones radar. And Moritz who is really too good for this division (like Zaha).

So as Zaha isnt all that, just leave one man on him im sure whoever will be fine. Or treble up on him like others do, im sure that will solve it as we're a one man team...

Enjoy the game

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
An interesting question is what would Palace do with the money they receive, do they still owe massive debt's?

As you like to remind us so very often - our debt is completely gone. We owe nobody anything.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As you like to remind us so very often - our debt is completely gone. We owe nobody anything.

Well with all that talent coming through you may well be rich very soon.

The-Gallery-Ian-Holloway-001.jpg

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
My only concern about Zaha is that he will rape Bruno, Painter, El-Abd or Calde for pace. But get in his face and he can be put off his game.
When a Prem team takes a punt on him, I think he'll find it a lot more difficult than his young arrogant self thinks.

Give it three years and I don't think people will be talking about him.

Buckley is a joy to watch in full flow. And no silly diving as standard.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
My only concern about Zaha is that he will rape Bruno, Painter, El-Abd or Calde for pace. But get in his face and he can be put off his game.

This is true. He was unplayable in the first half against Leeds, got 2 or 3 hard kicks that went unpunished inside the first minute of the second half and was anonymous after that.

It does seem that teams in the Championship have the same policy - "if you can't beat 'em, kick 'em"

If he gets any sort of protection whatsoever tomorrow, he'll run riot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is true. He was unplayable in the first half against Leeds, got 2 or 3 hard kicks that went unpunished inside the first minute of the second half and was anonymous after that.

And this is just one of the reasons why premier league teams are not interested.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Waiting to go out mate :drink:

Just trying to calm the nerves before tomorrow. If Zaha and Bolasie play well we will score two or three, we just have to keep out Buckbeak at the other end...

And CMS
and Dobbie
and Hoskins
and Orlandi

Just them.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
And this is just one of the reasons why premier league teams are not interested.

Premiership teams aren't interested?

Are Arsenal, Man City, United, Liverpool, Spurs etc. not Premiership teams any more?

Or were you referring to the interest of Real Madrid?

Dec 29, 2011
Zaha is overrated, there's no doubt about that. The only reason he got a couple of minutes for England is to future proof him from playing for Ivory Coast, I suspect that we won't see him in England colours again for some time.

He's still eligable for the Ivory Coast, friendlies don't count. Two incredible talents, I'm just happy Brighton has one of them.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Buckley. Buckley has all round skill whereas Zaha only knows two things = Step overs and falling over only in the box mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here