Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckers or Zaha?

D

Deleted member 18477

well link NSC up then?

zaha is better. buckley could be better though as IMO hes more direct and doesnt cheat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which sport?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's hard to say.

Palace are pretty much a one man team, and that man is Zaha, whereas we have many quality players. It's easy to stand out when you are a teams best player - perhaps the fact that Buckley is the outstanding player in a more quality team means that he's better.

Zaha is overrated, there's no doubt about that. The only reason he got a couple of minutes for England is to future proof him from playing for Ivory Coast, I suspect that we won't see him in England colours again for some time.

Buckley, like Zaha, is still rough round the edges - but I'm confident that both will be playing Premer League football within a couple of years.

We ignore Bolasie at our peril

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since the start of the 2011/12 season -

Buckley has 13 goals in 25 starts (0.52)
Zaha has 10 goals in 49 starts (0.20)

The Goals / Assists ratio per start is 0.68 to Buckley, 0.31 to Zaha.

They've done a wonderful job at Palace hyping Zaha to the heavens. But the facts show that Buckley is the more productive player.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Since the start of the 2011/12 season -

Buckley has 13 goals in 25 starts (0.52)
Zaha has 10 goals in 49 starts (0.20)

The Goals / Assists ratio per start is 0.68 to Buckley, 0.31 to Zaha.

They've done a wonderful job at Palace hyping Zaha to the heavens. But the facts show that Buckley is the more productive player.

Zaha is almost 3 years younger than Buckley. At 22, Buckley is playing for a midtable Championship side. When Zaha is 22 he'll be an England regular.

There, I think you'll find, is the difference between the two.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha is almost 3 years younger than Buckley. At 22, Buckley is playing for a midtable Championship side. When Zaha is 22 he'll be an England regular.

Just f*** off for once and leave a thread alone.

Melt

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

That is a rather large assumption on your part, based on the hype-machine which is currently in full flow.

I don't really care where Zaha is in 3 years anyway. Or 3 months even. Its tomorrow that matters.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Just over half an hour and the first palace come on--aint they got anything better to do? -----:wink:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Just over half an hour and the first palace come on--aint they got anything better to do? -----:wink:

Waiting to go out mate :drink:

Just trying to calm the nerves before tomorrow. If Zaha and Bolasie play well we will score two or three, we just have to keep out Buckbeak at the other end...

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That is a rather large assumption on your part, based on the hype-machine which is currently in full flow.

Clearly Man United, Man City, Arsenal etc agree. They wouldn't be trying to buy him for £15m+ otherwise.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Waiting to go out mate :drink:

Just trying to calm the nerves before tomorrow. If Zaha and Bolasie play well we will score two or three, we just have to keep out Buckbeak at the other end...

Against the best defence in the league as opposed to crystal "give you a 2 goal start" palarse

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Clearly Man United, Man City, Arsenal etc agree. They wouldn't be trying to buy him for £15m+ otherwise.
But we don't have any evidence that they are trying to buy him for that much money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here