Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British man to be shot at 10.30am british time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly someone will post a link to You Tube when he is executed as well.

The death penalty is not the way forward as far too often people are innocent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry but I'd rather he get shot than anyone have to pay for his three hots and a cot in pokey.

Nov 7, 2009
I only can celebrate his death from cyber space because one - I haven’t the money to visit and watch in person as thou as much as I’d like too - 2, I don’t know where the execution is taking place and 3, I’ll be cracking open a can at 10.30 am in the comfort of my armchair knowing a heroin smuggler has been put to death and watching his family ball their eyes out :clap2:

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Because I would not want the death of anyone on my conscience. Jail for life, but never take a life
Not even people like Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Fred West, or other sick murderers where there is utterly and absolutely no doubt that they were guilty of the most horrible crimes?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm sorry, but why would his death be on your conscience? Makes no diference to my life that he is to die except the knowledge that a heroin smuggler, who has the misery and death of thousands on his hands is gonna die.

If he is mentally ill, then his family should be ashamed. He tried to bring the drugs in from Poland - if he is bipolar and unable to cope, as they are now claiming, then what were they doing letting him travel unaccompanied or unsupervised. Not sure he deserves the bullet in the head, but 4Kg is a hell of a lot in a suitcase for him to suddenly go "bloody hell, where did that lot come from". As the Chinese have said, that's enough to kill over 26,000 people, so I suppose doing the maths, 1 v 26,000 to make a point could be seen to be fair under their legal code.

Don't forget that the Chinese system is also geared to take mental illness into consideration when judging culpability and reasoning. Knowing they were trying a foreign national, who could be the first European killed in many years, don't you think they would have taken the "nutter" option and just locked him away?

Have a read of the BBC link, I don't think he has been medically checked to prove that he is mentally ill or not.

BBC News - Final pleas for life of Briton on death row in China

Also if he is mentally ill he may have absconded from his residence in the UK without his families knowledge, and gone to Poland off his back.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bipolar is not really an excuse for what he did.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I only can celebrate his death from cyber space because one - I haven’t the money to visit and watch in person as thou as much as I’d like too - 2, I don’t know where the execution is taking place and 3, I’ll be cracking open a can at 10.30 am in the comfort of my armchair knowing a heroin smuggler has been put to death and watching his family ball their eyes out :clap2:

If you are serious then you are disturbed. It is clear that his rights have not been applied in this case and he is mentally ill. People like Akmal Shaikh should be helped by the state, not murdered. China's human rights record is a disgrace. I fully expect them to execute him but am absolutely disgusted about it. Any country that has the death penalty cannot be considered fully developed in my mind (and that includes the United States).

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Well said.

I was not going to post on this thread for reasons that will be clear to some who know me, but i just want to say this. Three years ago this week (i never was given an exact date, for reasons to upsetting for here) my only child Claire was murdered by her partner in a particularly evil way. For the next year i endured the court case and the media, who wanted me to say, after the jury's verdict, that he should hang etc. I respect those who are anti capital punishment as much as i understand the feelings of those who support it. I have always been against it and this awful loss has not changed my view. As much as my life will never be the same after what happened, he also has a family who are daily dealing with what he done. he will remain incarcerated for the next 18 years. I for one hope the guy in China is reprieved.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I am anti death sentance for one reason, a pardon for a miscarriage of justice cannot bring back the dead.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What an unpleasant twat you are. What do you do for live entertainment-wait outside your local A & E to watch the car crash victims being carried in?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not even people like Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady, Fred West, or other sick murderers where there is utterly and absolutely no doubt that they were guilty of the most horrible crimes?

valid point but, surely that does not confer the right to take a life ?.... bang them up for life in solitary and let them always be haunted by the enormity of the crime they commited.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
valid point but, surely that does not confer the right to take a life ?.... bang them up for life in solitary and let them always be haunted by the enormity of the crime they commited.

gerbil likes this :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here