Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British man to be shot at 10.30am british time

God knows.

They can kill as many scag dealers as they like, as long as they start producing the nice mandy again.

Haven't done any good Mandy for just on about a year now!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Seems like this individual was treated no differently under Chinese law than a chinese national would have been treated, so for a country with a history like ours we should be grateful for that. No more no less.

Trouble is we haven't changed have we, New Labour = Neo Imperialists, you really couldn't make it up. So many red faced union jack waving little englanders on here too................oh the irony!

Still this kind of behaviour is hardly a surprise, lets face it some time ago we convicted someone for terrorism under our own legal system and then let him out for 'health reasons'.

Anyone want to give me odds on Abdelbasset al-Megrahi pulling a party popper on Thursday at 11.59pm? Exactly, what a paragon of moral virtue we are eh?

Strangest thing though is the BBC describing him as an 'EU National'!!! Have I missed a meeting?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
This execution was as much political as law enforcement. Whilst China have opened up to the world this was primarily to facilitate trade which they have without doubt been the main beneficiaries of. Yes the rest of the world got cheap goods but at what price? I would rather pay more for something than have the kind of job losses & reduction in standards that have come with the cheaper priced goods. China is causing huge pollution issues & as long as it's out of sight it's out of mind for most people.

I actually agree that there should be a death penalty but this must be governed by the strictest criteria & independently reviewed to eradicate miscarriages of justice.

As for the earlier references to Afghanistan, the US & British have chosen to turn a blind eye to much of the opium production as it would cause them another set of problems with the people/farmers /warlords so I find this a little skewed.

Drugs are drugs are drugs, mismanaged they can all cause infinate damage. Heroin is actually no more damaging than alcohol or tobacco. This is scientific fact.

The case of this guy is very sad as it does appear that he was a bit mental but China have sent a message out to the west that they will not have their rule of law be interfered with regardless of anything.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well done China

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Its far too easy in this country to plead mnetal illness in order to get a sentence reduced/ relaxed. The Chinese are clearly not as easily led or as stupid as Britain in relation to its criminal sentencing.

More fool him.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
valid point but, surely that does not confer the right to take a life ?.... bang them up for life in solitary and let them always be haunted by the enormity of the crime they commited.

But I really don't think these people would sit and grieve over the people they killed or, in this particular case, the people they got hooked on to smack. They would only grieve over the fact that they got caught.
Let's not forget that Peter Sutcliffe allegedly "heard voices" just to get off the charge of murder

It doesn't quite jibe, that this individual could manage to get a song recorded, with help from backup musicians, travel across the World, chasing 'harebrained schemes' (which doesn't actually suggest mental illness) with a view to fame, and making up lies to draw people to him.

This all suggests to me that he had a somewhat distorted view of things, perhaps aided by drug use, and as well as being a compulsive liar (which takes a great memory and intellect, even if it is misguided) he sought to manipulate others with his tales and behaviour.
I have come across such people before, and they don't seem to mind what effect they 'inflict' on other people who might believe them and go along with their schemes. That is 'collateral damage' to their self-centred and involved way of thinking.
So - drug trafficking as a misguided dupe?
I doubt that.
Ignorant of the effect on others, brazen disregard of even the staunchest rules - I don't doubt that.

Fantastic situations, amazing close scrapes and social disruption all play into their scenario - one that they believe they are masters of and they will live to fight another day, with fate riding shotgun at their side.
Are they crazy? Yes, sort of - but not certifiable insanity. Warped reality is something we all are capable of in some way, even if simply seeing things differently to the next guy.
I mean, some people think England are going to win the World Cup, or that by supporting Man United they are, naturally, life's winners.

Human nature has a wide embrace, and that some people stretch the norms and push the boundaries is not a big surprise. There are people right here who can make their minds up that The CIA or US government detonated their own Trade Towers, that one day Saddam is an ally, and with freedom of religion, and the next day an enemy evil dictator who oppresses some religions. That Brown or Obama screw things up and lie or have bad intentions, that Cameron wants the best for the working and middle classes, that Dick Knight is self-serving and bad, that professional footballers should all love the shirt and the club and the fans, and not be thinking about the money. Capitalism is good, but only if you approve of the capitalist exercising it.
These are imaginations, things we like to believe, and among same-minded people there will be enforcing of these beliefs..... and there are others who think totally the opposite.

It's therefore possible to say, with selective evidences, that just-about anyone is nuts, bonkers, not right in the head. Had this guy ever been sectioned? At his age, in all his years of harebrained schemes had he ever been 'seen' by a psychiatrist?

I can't say he was or wasn't sane, or at least enough to face Chinese justice - but it doesn't sound as though trafficking heroin all the way over in that part of a large and complex world, is something a nutjob fruitcake gets involved in. Or that some couple of very bad guys are manipulating a poor saddo bonkers bloke to do, unwittingly.
What it does sound like, is a desperate attempt to cover for a British subject who pushed the limits and got bang-to-rights caught in a criminal act - in a place where the justice is an ultimate one.

Anyway - there are good guys putting their lives on the line, and losing them in the name of our country, and dying every week now. Bigger fish.

Is a Muslim life cheaper than for another faith or has no bearing in this case?

Or what about the passport they carry? Should it make any difference to us if say a Korean national gets euthanized, or a Tanzanian, or an Iranian, a Tunisian, Dutch, a Russian, or a Lebanese?
So - what's it to ya?
The Chinese likely carry out these sentences on a regular basis.....but perhaps not on many carriers of a British passport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here