Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ha ha oh my Lord another vote for the conspiracy theory!

Do you really live in a world where it’s totally impossible for anyone to have sympathy for the binmen unless you work for their union? Seriously?

That's strike 2. Three strikes and you're out.

A simple yes or no Mark, sorry I meant LI….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn I would have got away with a 20 year cover story of being a London newspaper journalist if it wasn’t for the pesky NSC kids

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Damn I would have got away with a 20 year cover story of being a London newspaper journalist if it wasn’t for the pesky NSC kids

Ah, a barrage balloon. Excellent ! I already like this forum a lot.

I thought Chicken Run's question was well observed, well worded, and was a reasonable thing to ask, given your comments. You clearly don't appreciate the significance of what you have shared with the forum.

Mmmm[emoji6]

Still not answered the question.

Just wondering if NSC was around in the 1980s, would you be asking me to deny being Arthur Scargill?

Can I just apologise to the rest of the board for all the Tory lads here having a normal one. I think they are talking about a local trade union official called Mark Turner who seems to occupy a rather large space in the imagination of the g&t set at the local Conservative club here.

While you are here, have a read of this excellent article below written from a sympathetic viewpoint of our local bin workers.

Seems it wasn’t that long ago we were all saying how the pandemic taught us to properly value the essential workers whose jobs ensured the rest of us could function. Remember all the claps CLAP CLAP CLAP. Ah five minutes later, they’re back to being upstart proles who don’t properly know their place in society. How dare they answer their managers and bosses back

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/ho...GMhP3NB216f7bZzI28l8ajoN2wNPU4x112VC6v7wsvwDI

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just wondering if NSC was around in the 1980s, would you be asking me to deny being Arthur Scargill?

Can I just apologise to the rest of the board for all the Tory lads here having a normal one. I think they are talking about a local trade union official called Mark Turner who seems to occupy a rather large space in the imagination of the g&t set at the local Conservative club here.

While you are here, have a read of this excellent article below written from a sympathetic viewpoint of our local bin workers.

Seems it wasn’t that long ago we were all saying how the pandemic taught us to properly value the essential workers whose jobs ensured the rest of us could function. Remember all the claps CLAP CLAP CLAP. Ah five minutes later, they’re back to being upstart proles who don’t properly know their place in society. How dare they answer their managers and bosses back

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/ho...GMhP3NB216f7bZzI28l8ajoN2wNPU4x112VC6v7wsvwDI

Cheers for that Mark, but time you came clean[emoji6]

Well he did really. Post #464 if you're interested

Incredible stuff this, right? A real insight into the terrified imagination of the paranoid Tory

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Well he did really. Post #464 if you're interested

Read through his comments. Forensically. Word by word.

Quite apart from his agenda of encouraging people to join a union, he has a direct line into the thoughts of the binmen, sharing their brand new grievances, which to my knowledge, have not been published anywhere else, and certainly not on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here