Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You don't really care whether they swear or not? I do. And so it would appear, does Gabbafella.

If you are that sensitive about swearing please don't go to the Amex. In fact, don't go to any sporting event, or indeed watch sport on tv because you might just hear a "naughty word". Pubs, clubs etc should be avoided. And construction sites. And warehouses. And factories.

If you want to live in a world where nobody swears, you best self-isolate!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You have no points.

Pretty convinced however that the reason you wont mention your profession is because you are getting good money doing something people may want but wont ever need. It is usually the case when people complain about welfare workers (as they are considering the health impact it would have in the long run if no one took care of garbage) getting a pay raise or complain about their work.

Why on earth are you convinced of all that? You're letting your imagination get the better of you. What profession would you like me to have? Basketmaker perhaps? Aircraft engineer? Park ranger? What is the maximum amount of money I can earn, so that you can accept that I am entitled to hold an opinion and begin to argue the points I make? The ones you pretend don't exist, but which you write about in your final sentence?

You've got potential.....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Finally came to my area today, nice of them to leave loads of shit still there, plus our wheelie bins are still overflowing. Lazy ********. The driver must've weighed about 50stone directing traffic, I wonder what his 6k payrise will go on..View attachment 141466View attachment 141467

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

They turned up at mine yesterday, looked at the bins, said "**** that" and drove off.
I left for work this morning as they were collecting ours so god knows what mess they've left behind. Not their problem probably.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
You don't really care whether they swear or not? I do. And so it would appear, does Gabbafella.

Damn right I care. I don't want to be woken up or disturbed by some foul mouthed idiot swearing at the top of his voice all because he doesn't like his job. There are also children in the building which don't need to be exposed to that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why on earth are you convinced of all that? You're letting your imagination get the better of you. What profession would you like me to have? Basketmaker perhaps? Aircraft engineer? Park ranger? What is the maximum amount of money I can earn, so that you can accept that I am entitled to hold an opinion and begin to argue the points I make? The ones you pretend don't exist, but which you write about in your final sentence?

You've got potential.....

I mean aside from whatever you dayjob may be you make the same amount of money moving around 1s and 0s that these men and women make moving around your stinking half-eaten lobsters. They move around real, dirty, stinking, unhealthy objects while you sit and move fiat money, some ****ing yuppie shit that the world - unlike waste collection - managed to do perfectly well without before predatory capitalists, tax evaders and millionaires brainwashed people into thinking that they legitimately doing something important.

Very few if anyone are entitled to have any negative opinions on what waste collectors, nurses or firemen are doing. If they curse because yet another binned champagne bottle broke in their hands, just ****ing swallow it or go do their job yourself.

I can recommend HL for the DIY route. I know it's not the cheapest, but its strength is its platform. I've used it for ten years to manage my own SIPP, and my family's ISA accounts, which I've linked in to the main dashboard. Its analysis features are weak on investment trusts (it pushes funds too much). I'm a frequent trader of around 40 UK stocks, and it's very easy to use. The heat map gives an instant geographical breakdown of where you are invested. You can slice and dice your investments by capitalisation, sector etc. I steer clear of their 'model portfolios' and 'wealth shortlist', preferring to make my own investment decisions. I get IT performance data from Trustnet, and read the broker Finncap's recommendations on UK equities. I've made mistakes like everyone does, but overall I've done pretty well. Started off with 106k in 2010. It's now at 208k, and that's with taking out 25-30k each year for the last five years.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They turned up at mine yesterday, looked at the bins, said "**** that" and drove off.
I left for work this morning as they were collecting ours so god knows what mess they've left behind. Not their problem probably.
I posted it on my local Facebook page and the majority of people are sticking up for them What The Actual F***!!?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I mean aside from whatever you dayjob may be you make the same amount of money moving around 1s and 0s that these men and women make moving around your stinking half-eaten lobsters. They move around real, dirty, stinking, unhealthy objects while you sit and move fiat money, some ****ing yuppie shit that the world - unlike waste collection - managed to do perfectly well without before predatory capitalists, tax evaders and millionaires brainwashed people into thinking that they legitimately doing something important.

Very few if anyone are entitled to have any negative opinions on what waste collectors, nurses or firemen are doing. If they curse because yet another binned champagne bottle broke in their hands, just ****ing swallow it or go do their job yourself.

Hahaha. Gotcha! P.S. the half-eaten lobsters are not true. I always finish my lobsters. P.P.S. You still don't know what my dayjob is!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

You on your period Swansmum?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Without naming names, someone seems a bit drugged up :moo:

That's a bit harsh. There's MANY a time I've gone off on an angry rant on here over the state of the refuse collection in the leafy university town of Lund in southern Sweden. Just can't seem to help myself

Jag önskar dåliga saker till alla lata avfallssamlare! :rant: :angry:

See what I mean :down:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Nope just dont like snobs

oh I agree my man. And to clarify i spent 25 years in adult social care on shite money covering shifts and sleepins here, there and everywhere due to non attendance of staff (1.0 overtime not like the enhanced rate the binmen get), managed the place while still being called the "deputy manager" (and on same pay, way below binmen driver level). Pluuuuus , I volunteer on Brighton's Tidy Up Team (clearing litter and removing graffiti and fly tipped rubbish) so I ain't no snob. And currently (see posts above) I ****ing hate the binmen and what they've got away with in Brighton for years. I did have respect for them a few years back but they are in no way comparable to nurses or firemen/women.

Besides, as you're a self proclaimed lazy sod I can't see you getting off your arse to do such work in a hurry? .....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
oh I agree my man. And to clarify i spent 25 years in adult social care on shite money covering shifts and sleepins here, there and everywhere due to non attendance of staff (1.0 overtime not like the enhanced rate the binmen get), managed the place while still being called the "deputy manager" (and on same pay, way below binmen driver level). Pluuuuus , I volunteer on Brighton's Tidy Up Team (clearing litter and removing graffiti and fly tipped rubbish) so I ain't no snob. And currently (see posts above) I ****ing hate the binmen and what they've got away with in Brighton for years. I did have respect for them a few years back but they are in no way comparable to nurses or firemen/women.

Besides, as you're a self proclaimed lazy sod I can't see you getting off your arse to do such work in a hurry? .....

Sounds like the crab in a bucket mentality.

Yes I'm lazy, but I dont zaha about waste collectors swearing or earning a decent wage. I appreciate their work. Globally!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Yes I'm lazy, but I dont zaha about waste collectors swearing or earning a decent wage. I appreciate their work. Globally!
I appreciate their work too but when your only job is to put rubbish into the back of a truck and you can't even do that right! I'm entitled to be a bit miffed. I'm sure I'd piss off a few customers if I just left a toilet sitting in the corner without connecting it up..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahaha. Gotcha! P.S. the half-eaten lobsters are not true. I always finish my lobsters. P.P.S. You still don't know what my dayjob is!

Nor do you know his.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Erm, no one would have a bad word to say about these "health professionals" work if they actually did it.

The whole point of the thread is that they weren't.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pret a Manger?? I'm like the company Pret? The whole company?

I've no idea what you're talking about.

What I'm talking about is common decency. Not swearing into space while begrudgingly doing your job. Treating people like you would wish to be treated - that kind of thing.
I think my approach is entirely reasonable. I'm sorry if this comes across as too cheerful for you.

I think your approach is entirely unreasonable, and utterly miserable. You don't seem to want to project cheer onto other people. Especially those that do hard, difficult and dirty work, and even more, when they have the temerity to withdraw their labour.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

I appreciate their work too, but seeing as though they barely work, that's not hard.
If they don't like the job they do then piss off and find another one. It's really not that hard. I've been underappreciated in previous roles so I changed jobs, I didn't stand in the streets pissing and moaning about it and I didn't have the luxury of downing tools and having a paddy whilst still being paid and getting a payrise out of it.
I get why a self proclaimed lazy person would show support for the work shy, but it just makes your arguments all the more meaningless.
And I have absolutely every right to criticise their performance as my ever increasing council tax pays for that service, or lack thereof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here