Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton waste collection strike….

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for the link.

Personally, I wouldn't have posted the link. I would have let Watford Zero keep on asking for evidence, and getting more and more suspicious each time it wasn't forthcoming. :wink:

As you'll see from the timing of my post and THPP's edit, I'd found it myself from his hint a couple of minutes before he posted the link :p

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Looks like the lazy wankers have finally decided they've had enough time with their feet up and gone back to what they call working.
All we got outside ours this morning was "****ing rubbish, it's ****ing everywhere. ****ing job, blah blah blah with swearing in it". Zero sympathy from me, lazy, militant pricks and all their own doing. Still, bet they're enjoying some nice overtime.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
They did the street on Monday but left HC Lodge and us again. We've had one collection in 8-9 weeks now stretching well before the strike started. Emailed head of the council as suggested (by the dickhead himself). No acknowledgement or reply yet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like the lazy wankers have finally decided they've had enough time with their feet up and gone back to what they call working.
All we got outside ours this morning was "****ing rubbish, it's ****ing everywhere. ****ing job, blah blah blah with swearing in it". Zero sympathy from me, lazy, militant pricks and all their own doing. Still, bet they're enjoying some nice overtime.

From the photos I've seen it appears the job is quite real as its quite noticeable if someones not doing it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

And that would have been their first day back on the job after swanning about on strike.

If they moan at '****ing rubbish', '****ing rubbish being the main reason that their job exists, maybe they should find a job they like.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And that would have been their first day back on the job after swanning about on strike.

If they moan at '****ing rubbish', '****ing rubbish being the main reason that their job exists, maybe they should find a job they like.

I imagine its a job you have because you need it and the money etc. rather than something you do for the entertainment or in order to fulfill childhood dreams.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I imagine its a job you have because you need it and the money etc. rather than something you do for the entertainment or in order to fulfill childhood dreams.

We have a street cleaner in our part of town, who is always cheerful. He clearly enjoys his job, he does a good job, and we appreciate it.

Compare that with a bloke walking down your road, swearing his head off, doing a job he just doesn't want to do. Which one would you employ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finally came to my area today, nice of them to leave loads of shit still there, plus our wheelie bins are still overflowing. Lazy ********. The driver must've weighed about 50stone directing traffic, I wonder what his 6k payrise will go on.. Screenshot_20211022-113046_Gallery.jpg20211022_113022.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have a street cleaner in our part of town, who is always cheerful. He clearly enjoys his job, he does a good job, and we appreciate it.

Compare that with a bloke walking down your road, swearing his head off, doing a job he just doesn't want to do. Which one would you employ?

Dont really care, just grateful someone is doing it.

What is your profession?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Dont really care, just grateful someone is doing it.

What is your profession?

You don't really care whether they swear or not? I do. And so it would appear, does Gabbafella.

What has my profession got to do with anything?

The photos from [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] above say it all. These are people who have just been on strike, and leave half the mess they created. As a result of the strike, they have been handsomely rewarded to do half a job.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Given the labour shortages, I'd employ either or, better, both.
I frequently grumble about performing many of the duties I have foisted on me by my employers but, under your conditions, I'd be out on my ear as a result.
FWIW, you sound like Pret a Manger, where you have to project enthusiasm and happiness as an employee to your employers, fellow employees and customers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to admit they've made a pretty decent job of clearing the backlog this working week, at least in this part of town. Household bins emptied, household recycling bins emptied, communal recycling / fly-tipping areas cleared. All good :clap2:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Given the labour shortages, I'd employ either or, better, both.
I frequently grumble about performing many of the duties I have foisted on me by my employers but, under your conditions, I'd be out on my ear as a result.
FWIW, you sound like Pret a Manger, where you have to project enthusiasm and happiness as an employee to your employers, fellow employees and customers.

Pret a Manger?? I'm like the company Pret? The whole company?

I've no idea what you're talking about.

What I'm talking about is common decency. Not swearing into space while begrudgingly doing your job. Treating people like you would wish to be treated - that kind of thing.
I think my approach is entirely reasonable. I'm sorry if this comes across as too cheerful for you.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Finally came to my area today, nice of them to leave loads of shit still there, plus our wheelie bins are still overflowing. Lazy ********. The driver must've weighed about 50stone directing traffic, I wonder what his 6k payrise will go on..View attachment 141466View attachment 141467

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

They only empty bins. Anything left behind belongs to the street sweepers. That is Mark Turner logic so that they all get a chunk of overtime.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You don't really care whether they swear or not? I do. And so it would appear, does Gabbafella.

What has my profession got to do with anything?

The photos from [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] above say it all. These are people who have just been on strike, and leave half the mess they created. As a result of the strike, they have been handsomely rewarded to do half a job.

Just curious if you are one of plenty who has a well-paid not particularly dirty job sitting around moaning about less paid people getingt a pay raise or not whistling the tune to Dancing Queen while cleaning up your garbage.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just curious if you are one of plenty who has a well-paid not particularly dirty job sitting around moaning about less paid people getingt a pay raise or not whistling the tune to Dancing Queen while cleaning up your garbage.

Ah, I see. You asked me what my profession was, because you were unable to address my points, and were preparing an ad hominem (shoot the messenger) argument instead. Got it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ah, I see. You asked me what my profession was, because you were unable to address my points, and were preparing an ad hominem (shoot the messenger) argument instead. Got it.

You have no points.

Pretty convinced however that the reason you wont mention your profession is because you are getting good money doing something people may want but wont ever need. It is usually the case when people complain about welfare workers (as they are considering the health impact it would have in the long run if no one took care of garbage) getting a pay raise or complain about their work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here