Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Carlisle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you honestly think that we'd get anything at Carlisle? We never do. We are guaranteed to be the team that stops their rot.

Maybe a 5-0 thumping is what DK and MA need to see that we are AVERAGE!!!!!!!! and most definitely inconsistent.

I don't think loan players are the answer as they'll never bust a gut for the blue and white. Loan players cover the cracks for a less than average squad. Loan players aren't helpful when we never have a settled team because of those players being cup tied.

We never seem to have an answer when an opponent decides they want to fight for a game. Why is it we can't ever seem to fight back?

When a team decides to "have us", invariably they do. We need a stronger midfield who will be the thin blue and white line at times like this. We are undersized and we have no hard men. We did better when El-Abd was that steel.

Lets face it, Richards and Whing didn't make it at Championship level nor did McLeod or Andrews. Murray and Forster maybe quality but with constantly deficient service, they too are dragged into the average team.

We are an AVERAGE League One team. The table never lies.

It would have been a better rant if you could have just suggested or even intimated that Adams tactics and team selections are not blameless in this shambles of a season

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Yeah because of two reasons. Firstly the division was shit and secondly it was a very false position. We played bloody awful football.

Must agree that this season is going downhill though, I think todays defeat could have been prevented had Adams not dropped a clanger and put the clown back in goal.

So, let me get this clear then:

Last year we played "bloody awful" football and finished 7th.

This year we have played bloody awful football and sit 15th (before today's result).

Which would you rather?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yes, but that might be because Milwall are in the top 6. They've had a good season and were probably due a bad result. We've been absolutely abysmal this season. Other than Milwall, Leicester and Man City name me ONE good performance this season.

Crewe away, first victory there EVER.
Southend away. Great result, especially as we lost there last season.
Barnet in first round of Carling Cup. Could easily have been a very slippery banana skin, but we played excellent stuff and banged in 4 goals.

Plus, of course, superb victories against Millwall, Leicester and the richest club in the world. Look how we raised our game against Man City. Carlisle have done precisely that to us today. So far ;)

Yeah, we should've been in the play-offs. Gutted by that poor performance against Southend.

Get a f***ing grip man. I'm laughing AT you. It's hilarious reading all the over-reactions on here. Losing streaks end. Just look how we pulled it out of the bag in 1997 when we were 12 points adrift at the bottom of the whole f***ing football league. Christ, Carlisle have played EXCELLENTLY today, and good on 'em. They must have been well pissed off after 12 games without a win.

Shame the run might come to and end against us, but it's not the end of the f***ing world. Christ, I bet Millwall fans weren't raping themselves when they shipped 4 against us this season.

Get a grip.

Spot on! If you notice it's the same bunch who swarm like flies to a fresh turd when we have a bad result and right on cue they're all here.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So, let me get this clear then:

Last year we played "bloody awful" football and finished 7th.

This year we have played "bloody awful" football and sit 15th (before today's result).

Which would you rather?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I preferred last seasons final position obviously but as I said I reckon it was a false position. Our football certainly didn't warrant 7th. I totally believe we would be holding up the rest of the division with Wendy in charge this season.

The football hasn't been brilliant this season bu ti think already this season we've played well in more games than we did in the entire season under Wendy.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Barnet in first round of Carling Cup. Could easily have been a very slippery banana skin, but we played excellent stuff and banged in 4 goals.

Plus, of course, superb victories against Millwall, Leicester and the richest club in the world. Look how we raised our game against Man City. Carlisle have done precisely that to us today. So far ;)

I wouldn't waste your breath mate! People like Chesney Christ are going to be miserable bastards whatever we say.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why? Yes Johnson and Thornton are decent loan additions but so were Racon and Westlake last season.

Other than that the only reall changes are Virgo, Hawkins and McLeod.

I would rather have Lynch, O'Callaghan and Hammond than those three.

I think if you take the loan players out the standard of our squad is no different to last season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Spot on! If you notice it's the same bunch who swarm like flies to a fresh turd when we have a bad result and right on cue they're all here.

entertaining though aren't they

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Barnet are the division below so you're not having that. You may as well cite a pre-season friendly to support your argument. We were dreadful in the first half at Southend, and they were in total control of the game before the sending off. Crew you can have.

So, thats 4 (or 6 according to you) good performances this season out of 22 competitive games. And you're happy with that are you? Even by your argument, 6 good performances from 22 matches is not the best really is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here