Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Voted 22nd Worst Place In Britain!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Uncle Buck, all of Kent is pretty awful. The council have no budget, and therefore the Police have little resouces. It is on a par with most Northern areas that are reguarly mentioned in the national news.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
London Road alone is enough to put Brighton way up on the list. West Street is another, as one Brightonian cafe owner said in the press a few weeks back, one way to improve Brighton would be to get rid of 'West Street and it's culture'. Apologies in advance to all the Kevs on here who like nothing better than undoing the top button of their white shirt, splashing on the 'Eternity' and strutting on down to the Event to eye up the hen party brigade.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Quality post cheeky monkey,Fully agree!

Although I am one of those with the button un-done strutting down west street.:lolol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Yeah your right like the west pier!

:lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Worst plave I've visited has got to be Bradford!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Workington or Scunthorpe gets my votes

Im no fan of Swansea either.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
byf said:
Yeah your right like the west pier!

:lolol:

That would have been finished long ago had the Brighton Pier not objected to planning applications.
It would seem they don't like the idea of a bit of competition.
I agree it does look like an eyesore, but don't think it makes Brighton no 22 in the worst towns guide.
Tell me Byf are you actually from Brighton, as in born here ?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Yes I am locky!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I do show loyalty to my football team,by following them up and down the country,But if i feel my town/city is lacking in area's and needs improvement then i feel the right on a message board to voice my opinion,However jaded or wrong some people may see it.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
byf said:
I do show loyalty to my football team,by following them up and down the country,But if i feel my town/city is lacking in area's and needs improvement then i feel the right on a message board to voice my opinion,However jaded or wrong some people may see it.

I do not dispute your loyalty to our Football team, nor do I disagree with your right to post comments on how our Town is perhaps lacking in area's and might need improving, but you have not in any of your posts said anything positive about our Town.
So come on, list some of the good points.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lammy said:
Worst plave I've visited has got to be Bradford!

It is a real dump and too close to Huddersfield for my liking.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One thing is clear about our fair City. It has far fewer narrow minded idiots than most. The only real prats that live here are a handful of residents at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here