Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Voted 22nd Worst Place In Britain!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Aldershot and Basingstoke....Christ now they are Bleedin dumps!

:shootself :shootself :shootself

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I must state that Leeds is fast catching up with down south at the moment and VERY cosmopolitan. So I would have to disagree.

Fashion center of the North at the moment with shops such as Hugo Boss, Vivien Westwood, Harvey Nichols etc etc.

Major tower block £1.mil flats being built all along the canal side, like alot of places there are some shitholes though...Harehills,Chapeltown or Gipton are well dodgy areas of Leeds.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Locky said:

Huddersfield (sorry Yorkie)

You don't have to apologise to me. I'm leaving :wave:

To be honest as Yorkshire towns go, it is one of the better ones enviromentally, being leafy and green. It has some reasonably decent shops and the transport system is ok, close to motorway systems and a train service.

The crime rate is appalling though. Within a mile of where I live there have been shootings, stabbings and two cases of arson (petrol poured through the letterbox or firebombed) where children have died.

Roll on January :rolleyes:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
No, Ive grown out of that fashion vicitim malarkey!! Just quoted those shops as an example.....

:lolol:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Here is a list just compiled from the top of my head in 5 mins.

Add to that ones, when I have thought, and London Boroughs, Scotland , Wales, Northern Ireland. I do not see how Brighton gets on this list. Yes it has its problems and bad sides, but all of the below are far far worse....

Corby
Wycombe
Hastings
Stoke
Crewe
Burnley
Blackburn
Bradford
Hartlepool
Middlesborough (area)
Bury
Bolton
Stockport
Luton
Watford
Gillingham
Carlise
Dover
Ramsgate
Bristol
Wolverhampton
Walsall
West Bromwich
Rugeley
Croydon (obviously)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im sorry bhaexp im failing to see your point!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Northstander said:
Major tower block £1.mil flats being built all along the canal side, like alot of places there are some shitholes though...Harehills,Chapeltown or Gipton are well dodgy areas of Leeds.

My son is in the West Yorkshire Fire Brigade and the guys that cover those areas have to be accompanied on every call out by the police.

Regular shootings in Chapeltown too.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That would sound about right, I understand after a certain time buses or public transport stops going into these types of areas within Leeds.

but thats for another thread

:wave:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
For byf please read ybf. I'm sure its a typo.

Glad to see Dover made the list. South east Kent is a pure hole. Dover District Council are only trying to complete what Hitler could not finish.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
WHAT?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
North East Coast of Kent is bad too. Margate round to deal has very high unemployment and the gueust houses in the area are now hostels for unemployed people who, quite understandably, don't have a lot of money.

The end result is that their isn't much money in the local ecconomy and therefore the whole area is very run down.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
What Dover?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here