Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Voted 22nd Worst Place In Britain!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes but that's down to the vast number of people either correcting you or just out and out disagreeing with you.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Wow not some-one slagging me off. (Thats a first)

Mr Bhaexp who never puts an intresting thread up.:angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair this thraed was always going to raise conversation and that should be applauded, well done.

Most of your other threads get attention because people don't agree with you, stop playing on this though as you'll just get slagged.

Up the albion and so on...

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
At the end of the day all towns and cities have decent parts and crap parts some worse than others but i suppose there are towns which in general are pretty crap.

AS for the slagging off of the gay cpommunity in Brighton i think it doe sthe city a big favour as it stops so many knuckledrageers heading to the city at the weekend because "it's full of queers" hence Blackpool gets lumbered with them.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Maybe I haven't been looking close enough, but I don't believe I have seen the name OLDHAM anywhere on this list. A filthy, filthy hole far worse than anywhere on planet earth, and you can almost smell the violence and overtones of racial tension in the air. I take it none of you have been to Boundary Park then?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
EP Sam said:
Maybe I haven't been looking close enough, but I don't believe I have seen the name OLDHAM anywhere on this list. A filthy, filthy hole far worse than anywhere on planet earth, and you can almost smell the violence and overtones of racial tension in the air. I take it none of you have been to Boundary Park then?

I'd agree with tah we have a girl from Oldham at work started last week, said she hated the place her car used to get broken into on a regular basis and it wasn't uncommon on a friday.saturday night in town to see lads hitting women.

One thing i have noticed since moving up North is a hell of a lot more houses have burglar alarms, I have and i make sure it's used on all occasions.

Then again i now some one who's house got broken into in Pacham a month or so ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As an ex resident there are plenty of things I miss about Brighton, for example:

The sea
The Albion
Best pubs in England
Good nightlife generally
Cosmipolitan atmosphere and attitude
Regency architecture
Walking past the Pavillion, arseholed, at 3am and going "shit I forgot that was there"
The all night caff

But I definately don't miss

Giant Seagulls
Awful rubbish collection
Hideously overpriced property due to annoying psudo trendies buying up to either look cool, have a second place "out of town" or most likely make money
The worst homeless problem outside London for no apparent reason
The utterly clueless local council

In terms of places to live in England there's no way it should be 22nd worst. Probably the worst holes I've visited in England for football would have to be Oldham and Stoke but there are plenty of other thoroughly depressing places. Still if you like car crime, pikeys and having nothing to do after 11pm.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here