Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRiGHTON v ****** The rivalry that baffles football

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
So your claim to fame is struggling round the nether regions of the 'top flight' for a couple of seasons longer than the Albion!

Well done - you must be very proud!!

As for ALWAYS getting the better in skirmishes - well you must be 12 years old if you REALLY believe that!!

Now f*** off!

Is that you shouting, you keyboard warrior-you.

So your claim to fame is struggling round the nether regions of the 'top flight' for a couple of seasons longer than the Albion!

Well done - you must be very proud!!

As for ALWAYS getting the better in skirmishes - well you must be 12 years old if you REALLY believe that!!

Now f*** off!

Stupid ****....yes you ****!
Better to be down in the Prem than the arse end of Div 3.
Oh and Jamie,f*** off with the train shit.You're making yourself look a bigger **** than you already are.
Fact.
End of.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
You latched onto us in the 70s because nobody in london at the time gave a monkeys about you because you are seen as a croydon club. You were / are not seen as being "in" london and not worth a candle. You are seen as south londons version of north londons watford. Brighton however was known as little london and was a working class town surrounded by a few working docks, and like my family had people who worked on the docks going down the Albion. Brighton itself , as a place has changed a bit, and in parts its a trendy place to be (like clapham is now "Claarm". or battersea "Baterseeaah"). Tho the knocker boys are still around so probably not as much as we think. Croydon however is still a boring commuter town tagged onto london. In the 70s Brighton were on the up, getting big crowds, as were you, and there used to be all sorts of problems in croydon town centre, selhurst and Brighton. Palace fans I know say they dont get an atmosphere at selhurst anything like when you play us, probably because millwall hate west ham and charlton fans come from Bexley, bromley and places like that. Leeds/ Man u, Scouse / man u, barca / madrid is nowt to do with geography or success, and actually nor is the old firm. It sort of stared when you blubbed your eyes out when Mullers gave you the anglo saxon salute, but there is more to it than that.. For me tho, I think you should jog on and come back when you have, like us, won a major trophy.

:lol: The funniest post i have ever read on NSC, top work Jamie old son

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Palace make me laugh, the palace catchment area of croydon/bromley/norwood etc is choc full of old school chelsea fans and a smattering of other clubs, none of whom give a f*** about palace, and who wouldnt care about them in a big game like the cup final etc, it must be really galling to not even be the best supported club in your own area, brighton also has a similar problem, however I would say they are still the club who most people in the catchment area support, and also the WHOLE area gets behind them in big games like the play off final, all the people in the area who support other clubs still have feeling for the club in a way that palace in croydon will never have, palace ? two bob club.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Palace make me laugh, the palace catchment area of croydon/bromley/norwood etc is choc full of old school chelsea fans and a smattering of other clubs, none of whom give a f*** about palace, and who wouldnt care about them in a big game like the cup final etc, it must be really galling to not even be the best supported club in your own area, brighton also has a similar problem, however I would say they are still the club who most people in the catchment area support, and also the WHOLE area gets behind them in big games like the play off final, all the people in the area who support other clubs still have feeling for the club in a way that palace in croydon will never have, palace ? two bob club.

The second funniest post i have ever read on NSC!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Actually I was born and now live again in that area. Granted there are some Chelsea fans here. However, there's more than one Brighton fan as well. Also there's Arsenal, Spurs and even West Ham fans here, not to mention plenty of Millwall and Charlton fans. However, the vast majority are Palace fans. Despite the proximity of Millwall (Charlton is not that easy to get to from here) Croydon and surrounding areas are bigger than Brighton and it's surrounding areas.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Actually I was born and now live again in that area. Granted there are some Chelsea fans here. However, there's more than one Brighton fan as well. Also there's Arsenal, Spurs and even West Ham fans here, not to mention plenty of Millwall and Charlton fans. However, the vast majority are Palace fans. Despite the proximity of Millwall (Charlton is not that easy to get to from here) Croydon and surrounding areas are bigger than Brighton and it's surrounding areas.

Such as moi!

:afro:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

I would hazard a guess and say when the sun comes out, there would be more kids in Brighton wearing man Utd shirts, than yours.

A few more shit results (can't wait for November) will see if it all goes bollocks up for you, then we'll see if that dumbass who is throwing cash at you for fun decides to stay. I wonder if he or his advisors look at this site, as if they did, they'd see what an ungrateful load of wankers a lot of you are.

At least our '2 bob club' flirts with the top division every now and then, unlike your little club. Can't wait for your new stadium to be finished, it'll be like Crawley being given the Emirates.

Botttom 2/3 by Christmas, new manager, chairman re-thinking his future, you f***ing wasters still moaning.

Jan 30, 2008
I would hazard a guess and say when the sun comes out, there would be more kids in Brighton wearing man Utd shirts, than yours.

A few more shit results (can't wait for November) will see if it all goes bollocks up for you, then we'll see if that dumbass who is throwing cash at you for fun decides to stay. I wonder if he or his advisors look at this site, as if they did, they'd see what an ungrateful load of wankers a lot of you are.

At least our '2 bob club' flirts with the top division every now and then, unlike your little club. Can't wait for your new stadium to be finished, it'll be like Crawley being given the Emirates.

Botttom 2/3 by Christmas, new manager, chairman re-thinking his future, you f***ing wasters still moaning.

and your still be on here spouting shit :wanker:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
And you'll still be on here spouting shit :wanker:

Spell checked, and yes, spouting the truth :thumbsup:

*Did your teacher tell you to never start a sentence with 'and'?*

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
you're not worth the respect .now do one you annoying flea like creature

I'm not worth the respect? You sad uneducated fuckwit.

exhibitionist

Oct 12, 2009
Surrey v Sussex

It kicked off in the 70s with the Mullery cup ties, but Palace really don't have one traditional rivalry, we're too isolated geographically - Millwall are more concerned with West Ham and are much nearer Charlton, though the Milwall rivalry is the only really long lasting one though it hasn't been the main one since the 60s when we were similar sized clubs in the old second division, our current rivalry with Charlton has only really been so strong since the 2005 relegation, though there has always been an edge there, Wimbledon reared their ugly heads for a few years to supplant the Brighton rivalry ... I reckon what has kept the Brighton thing going is the SURREY v SUSSEX element - most Palace fans are based in Surrey more than South London, while Brighton have Sussex as their catchment area - I doubt you get rival fans scuffling round East Grinstead, like Millwall and Palace nutters do around the Peckham area but I reckon the COUNTY thing has something to do with it. In the same way Charlton are a Kent club, not really an inner city club, whereas Millwall v West Ham animosity is all about this ancient north/south cockney lunacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here