Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to re-sign Hammond

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Update- I can confirm that Brighton will now not be signing Hammond due to the player upping his wage demands. All details were agreed until Hammond found out that Adam Virgo was being paid more than Hammond was offered. ( Virgo is currently the highest paid player at the albion). Hammond's agent went back to knight asking for £500 extra per week. Knight refused straight away and has withdrawn the offer.

Brighton will now sign their 2nd choice midfielder on a free transfer to be confirmed late tomorrow or Friday.

Sorry, but I don't believe ANY of that. :)*

* Apart from maybe Virgo is on the best money.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Says a lot for Barry Lloyd's scouting network if we resign Virgs & want Hammond back and take another look at OGH,Mayo & Reid.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Update- I can confirm that Brighton will now not be signing Hammond due to the player upping his wage demands. All details were agreed until Hammond found out that Adam Virgo was being paid more than Hammond was offered. ( Virgo is currently the highest paid player at the albion). Hammond's agent went back to knight asking for £500 extra per week. Knight refused straight away and has withdrawn the offer.

What a complete crock of shit!

I think I'll start a thread saying we are in negotiations to sign Thierry Henry and then 2 days later announce that Dick pulled the plug so I can grab some attention!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What a complete crock of shit!

I think I'll start a thread saying we are in negotiations to sign Thierry Henry and then 2 days later announce that Dick pulled the plug so I can grab some attention!

Afraid I have to agree....la oad of bollocks :nono:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Oooo.. not to hot, slow burner style you mean....

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I have exclusive information that Hammond is not going to sign however my source (who of course cannot be known as it will reveal I am talking utter shite) has told me that Brighton may or may not sign another play this season on either a permanant or loan basis.

I can also reveal the new home shirt will have a blue and white theme to it.

I can't say anymore without the risk of undermining the said source and I will have more exclusive information for you all later.

In the meantime feel free to wank yourselves dry over my superior inside knowledge of the goings on within the Albion

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have exclusive information that Hammond is not going to sign however my source (who of course cannot be known as it will reveal I am talking utter shite) has told me that Brighton may or may not sign another play this season on either a permanant or loan basis.

I can also reveal the new home shirt will have a blue and white theme to it.

I can't say anymore without the risk of undermining the said source and I will have more exclusive information for you all later.

In the meantime feel free to wank yourselves dry over my superior inside knowledge of the goings on within the Albion

When you say 'play' are you referring to Shakespeare or Stoppard? If Shakespeare, is there any indication from the said play if our season is going to be one of historic, comedic or tragic proportions?

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003

I love this question anytime anyone ever posts something like this. It may be true it may not, who knows but when did anyone on here ever reveal their source?? What a pointless response.

I was never a Hammond fan but he would offer us a good option in midfield.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Livermore in must make this less likely, surely?

We NEED a LEFT-BACK!

Jun 10, 2008

Brighton will now sign their 2nd choice midfielder on a free transfer to be confirmed late tomorrow or Friday.

Well, you were spot-on with the second part....and maybe the first!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
(Livermore)
He can play left back or left midfield!

The announcement seems to indicate he will likely play in midfield; I'll amend my comment...

We need a first-choice left-back...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here