Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to re-sign Hammond

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It'a the Adams way though isn't it? Last time round he signed a load of players he already knew and he's simply repeating the pattern. The fact that they've all played for Brighton previously is just a coincidence.

However I can't see it happening myself.

I agree it's the Micky way but does he really know Hammond. I might be wrong here but I thought he made his debut under Hinshelwood. I'm sure he didn't play in an Adams team.

But it wouldn't surprise me to see other Brighton players back - where's Brooker now? :)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This may turn out not to be true, but I don't think it's as implausible as some people make out.

With Colchester just being relegated they may not be able to afford the higher wages that Hammond is on. That coupled with us effectivly writing off what they still owe us may seem quite attractive

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
At a big guess, I would say this story is unlikely as Hammond's issues were not with Wilkins, they were apparently more with Dick, and Hammond would also have to take a hefty pay cut.

Would he not already have had a wage cut as they were relegated?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This may turn out not to be true, but I don't think it's as implausible as some people make out.

With Colchester just being relegated they may not be able to afford the higher wages that Hammond is on. That coupled with us effectivly writing off what they still owe us may seem quite attractive

Good point but that means that we COULD and if we wouldnt agree on a higher salary at Xmas, why would we agree now.

I would be amazed if it happens and I can see no sense in it to be honest.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If he left the club on reasonable terms I could see this happening but the manner in which he departed would make it very unlikely that the board would spend any money bringing him back

Stranger things have happened though!

Stumpy Tim

This is hilarious. Jonny 2 Posts comes up with a story for fun, but he can't add up & says 75,000 + 125,000 is 225,000. A few people bite so Jonny returns to correct his Maths. And here we are 4 pages later.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Hammond is about as popular as a dose of the clap with Knight. Adams would have to really want him to persuade Knight to bring him back. Likelihood rating on this one, 1/10 I think.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree it's the Micky way but does he really know Hammond. I might be wrong here but I thought he made his debut under Hinshelwood. I'm sure he didn't play in an Adams team.
When I made that post I thought he'd played with Adams at Colchester, but thinking about it perhaps Mickey had already left before Hammond signed.

So, no reason to sign him then. Well, that's that rumour dealt with.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
What about bringing back Leon Knight, he must be unsettled again with his latest club :jester::lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
When I made that post I thought he'd played with Adams at Colchester, but thinking about it perhaps Mickey had already left before Hammond signed.

So, no reason to sign him then. Well, that's that rumour dealt with.

Adams left Colchester at the start of January so wasn't there when Hammond joined them.

Hammond did make his Albion debut under Adams though as a sub in the side that beat Cardiff 2-0 in what is now the Johnsons Paint Pot Trophy thing. That was his only match during Adams first spell at the club.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It amazes me that some people are still so way off the mark with their assumed reasons why Dean Hammond left BHA.

He was caught in a threesome with Bas Savage and a Shetland pony?

Tank found him dipping into his private KFC supply?

The club discovered he'd nicked all the forks from the caterers?

....?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It amazes me that some people are still so way off the mark with their assumed reasons why Dean Hammond left BHA.
He was forced out by Dick Knight so that we'd get some money for him as opposed to letting him walk away on a Free in the summer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here