Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to re-sign Hammond

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dick knight doesnt seem like the sort of person who likes people who dont worship him

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
This is my 1st message. Before you start sending abuse, please just wait about 1 week for this story to be confirmed.

Brighton have agreed a fee with Colchester United to re-sign Dean Hammond. The fee is £75,000 upfront, with colchester not paying the remaining £125,000 they still owe for hammonds signing in January. Total deal is £225,000.

Adam Virgo was made aware of this signing before he agreed to re-sign for the Albion.

Hammond is due to sign a 3 year contract. However, He will not be re-named captain as this is likely to be split between Virgo, Elphick, and Forster.

Don't ask me how I know this information. Just wait and you will see I'm correct.

i have waited 3 months:glare:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is my 1st message. Before you start sending abuse, please just wait about 1 week for this story to be confirmed.

Brighton have agreed a fee with Colchester United to re-sign Dean Hammond. The fee is £75,000 upfront, with colchester not paying the remaining £125,000 they still owe for hammonds signing in January. Total deal is £225,000.

Adam Virgo was made aware of this signing before he agreed to re-sign for the Albion.

Hammond is due to sign a 3 year contract. However, He will not be re-named captain as this is likely to be split between Virgo, Elphick, and Forster.

Don't ask me how I know this information. Just wait and you will see I'm correct.

No more unlikely than us resigning Virgo :shrug:

Tho if true, the club are becoming a bit of a laughing stock and woefully short on ambition. Hammond is in no way anything better than average. Shouldn't we really be UPGRADING the playing stock?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yes Tom but flogging Virgo for £1.5M was a no-brainer and he left on good terms. DH on the other hand...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I think we can quite safely file this thread under "Complete and Utter Bollocks" now, can't we.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
would like hammond back...But if not Im not that fussed

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We haven't replaced Hammond with a midfielder like him, and we are missing out.
Virgo's goal against Crewe is the the only one we have scored from centre midfield in open play in 2008

We need to get a like for like attacking midfield replacement for him or our season may suffer with a lack of goals to fire us to promotion

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
We haven't replaced Hammond with a midfielder like him, and we are missing out.
Virgo's goal against Crewe is the the only one we have scored from centre midfield in open play in 2008

We need to get a like for like attacking midfield replacement for him or our season may suffer with a lack of goals to fire us to promotion

I reckon The Complete Budger will disagree with you.
BUT is the answer Loft really?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think you have about as much chance of that happening as Archer & co coming back - None - he wasn't "rated" remember

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
At least Loft gets forward and has shots on goal, and always looks for the ball. I reckon give him a chance, its better than playing with 2 defensive midfielders again and risking a BORING third Withdean game in a row, but this time in the pissing down rain

I agree. Doug has improved a hell of a lot and he knows where the goal is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
but the comment was go or rot in reserves i think you will find

As TLO said, it was after the contract offer was refused. I was gutted to see him leave, as he was one of my favourite players, but we could not afford to let him leave on a free. The board did the right thing by the club and that should be an end to the whole saga.

Would you not coax someone to leave if they had no intention of signing a new contract and you could bag £250k to re-invest in the side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here