Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton ---- Realistic expectation for 2012/2013

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
completely depends on further signings but i think we'll finish similar to last season. 8th, 9th or 10th...

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just outside the playoffs as things stand. The signing of a new CM and possibly a striker could push my estimate to inside the playoffs though. I don't think we'll get off to the brilliant start we did last season.

This, this and this.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No higher than last year, at best, without a new striker and a strong midfielder.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Find it bizarre how many people think we will finish the same as last season, when we have a far stronger base to build from now. And I don't buy for a second that we overachieved last season.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My expectations are rising with the current squad. A gem of a signing to come and 1 or 2 other quality additions and I think that we could piss this league!!!

8th at the very, very worst.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Last season I predicted a top half finish with a play-off push.

This year I'm upping my expectations. Play-offs with a strong challenge for an automatic spot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we don't strengthen in midfield the best that we can hope for is flirting with the playoffs now and then.

Get the right midfielder in and assuming he remains mostly injury free along with Vicente and we could be in with a good shout of promotion imo

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Feeling good about next season.
Top 2 for me, (as long as we get in our midfield detroyer and top class striker, of course).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Find it bizarre how many people think we will finish the same as last season, when we have a far stronger base to build from now. And I don't buy for a second that we overachieved last season.

I think there are better teams in this division and the Amex factor has worn off.

I expect us to sneak the play offs, due to different class of players we have so far attracted

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
As long as we don't have an end of season collapse, play-offs for me with a push for automatic promotion!

I feel this year our players are mentally stronger, physically fitter! And know the demands of the championship now!

If we do sign a CM and potentially a striker, I don't see why we can't

Hoskins looks raring to go, vicente is bullying players off the ball to smash em in! And we have a keeper who is amazing

Why not?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I think you should ask this question again once the transfer window closes and everyone has closed for business. You'll get a more accurate conclusion and predictions.

What I will say is - and it's been said a million times - is that this division is one of the most unpredictable and fascinating divisions to watch. In 2005 The Championship was the sixth richest division in Europe - I fully expect that to have risen since then what with some of the wages and transfer fees being thrown about.

Who really knows where we will finish this year. You would hope for play-offs. But put yourselves in the position of Leicester supporters last season. They were red-hot favourites to win the league, let alone get promoted, and it just didn’t happen for them and in the end suffered a really disjointed campaign. They only started to look threatening when it was too late in the season. And Ipswich too. If I'm honest, I looked at their squad at the start of last season and with Jewell in charge of his first pre-season and I thought they'd be pushing for play-offs. What a disappointment they were. Look at Forest this year - I suspect their expectations have gone through the roof if reports are true of the type of money they have at their disposal, in comparison to others in this division.

As part of your predictions you should also ask about cup runs. In recent years we have seen the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, Pompey, making the final and other lower league sides mounting ambitious cup runs. What's saying Brighton can't make an FA Cup Semi-Final this season, or anyone in this division for that matter? With a bit of luck in the draw and on the pitch, anything can happen.

It's a brilliant division, a real-life soap opera, and I for one am delighted we are a part of it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think there are better teams in this division and the Amex factor has worn off.

I expect us to sneak the play offs, due to different class of players we have so far attracted

Well then you're not one of the people thinking we'll come 10th again. I don't buy the whole Amex factor thing anyway, a lot of sides struggle in a new stadium (Saints).

D

Deleted member 18477

We will be champions!... If we get no serious injuries.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I think you should ask this question again once the transfer window closes and everyone has closed for business. You'll get a more accurate conclusion and predictions.

What I will say is - and it's been said a million times - is that this division is one of the most unpredictable and fascinating divisions to watch. In 2005 The Championship was the sixth richest division in Europe - I fully expect that to have risen since then what with some of the wages and transfer fees being thrown about.

Who really knows where we will finish this year. You would hope for play-offs. But put yourselves in the position of Leicester supporters last season. They were red-hot favourites to win the league, let alone get promoted, and it just didn’t happen for them and in the end suffered a really disjointed campaign. They only started to look threatening when it was too late in the season. And Ipswich too. If I'm honest, I looked at their squad at the start of last season and with Jewell in charge of his first pre-season and I thought they'd be pushing for play-offs. What a disappointment they were. Look at Forest this year - I suspect their expectations have gone through the roof if reports are true of the type of money they have at their disposal, in comparison to others in this division.

As part of your predictions you should also ask about cup runs. In recent years we have seen the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, Pompey, making the final and other lower league sides mounting ambitious cup runs. What's saying Brighton can't make an FA Cup Semi-Final this season, or anyone in this division for that matter? With a bit of luck in the draw and on the pitch, anything can happen.

It's a brilliant division, a real-life soap opera, and I for one am delighted we are a part of it.

Correct answer. Keep telling my Wednesday mate. There is not much between 1st and 18th in this league. We had massive chunks of luck last season. That put us in with a shout of the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here