Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton ---- Realistic expectation for 2012/2013

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Assuming we get the driving force who will plug our midfield I am still a little concerned that our central defence isn't quite up to the standard needed.
Much as I love Greer, elAbd and Dunk - even Tommy Elphick - I think any one of them could easily accompany a top class centreback and do a great job but none of them is THE top class centreback.

I think/hope we will get the final pass away more quickly than last season and will score more goals as a result. I would happily go with the strikers we have but Gus is committed to strengthening so all good there.

How we start will be important again but all in all I think a finish anywhere from 4th to 10th with every chance we will be able to maintain contact with the top group where last season we fell away

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Top 10 and I will be happy, be nice to be in and around the Playoffs for the excitement towards the end of the season, but I think we still dont quite have the depth in the squad to make it through Injuries.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Assuming we get the driving force who will plug our midfield I am still a little concerned that our central defence isn't quite up to the standard needed.
Much as I love Greer, elAbd and Dunk - even Tommy Elphick - I think any one of them could easily accompany a top class centreback and do a great job but none of them is THE top class centreback.

I think/hope we will get the final pass away more quickly than last season and will score more goals as a result. I would happily go with the strikers we have but Gus is committed to strengthening so all good there.

How we start will be important again but all in all I think a finish anywhere from 4th to 10th with every chance we will be able to maintain contact with the top group where last season we fell away

I genuinely think El Abd and Greer were two of the best centre backs in the whole division last season.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think if we add a decent midfielder and a striker who can score goals we will WIN the league. We have a much better squad than last season and with the experience the players would have gained i can only see good things happening this season. Definate promotion for me

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've decided that the key to this season will be the form of Will Hoskins. We simply didn't score enough goals this season, but this season I'm kind of looking for CMS & Hoskins to produce the goods. If they do, then we have at least 4 or 5 others with goals in them, and I think we could have a top top season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 more signings, then I'll predict...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I firmly believe that we're 2 premier league quality first team players and 3 squad players(to the same standard as George Boyd) away from automatic promotion

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Always a tough league, the big spenders will always be starting as favourites and there will be a few of them. I'd be happy just to give a good account of ourselves and be in with a shout throughout and maintain our interest .... having a shot at the play offs come the end of March would be a realistic and rewarding objective for me.

Can only see 2 or 3 teams aiming for survival, the rest will think they are in with a shout

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I genuinely think El Abd and Greer were two of the best centre backs in the whole division last season.

I don't disagree and maybe I am being overly critical. Those two are certainly the best we have IMO. I love GG's vision, his organisation and his eye for a pass but sometimes think he can be slow to turn and not the best in the air. Adam has attitude and pace in the box but lacks height (Dunk I think needs to improve his defensive heading). It could be that with better fullbacks and someone in central midfield who doesn't constantly give the ball away just as we are breaking from defence we will be more solid. :lol:

Time will tell and if it is a potential weakness I have no doubt at all that Gus will address it quickly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
2nd season syndrome.
Possibly my get off to a bad start

but Fancy us to improve on last year, 8th but in with a shout all the way through. Would be very happy with this

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Was chatting to someone I know last week, who is a huge, huge sports fan, knows almost everything about every player, every team, in almost every sport, and bets a hell of a lot, mostly very successfully.

He reckons we'll be top.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am confident that we can at least match what we did last season. If we can solve the mystery of how to play the beautiful game and score lots, then we will be in for a real treat

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
if the champions of the Championship wear GOLD Premier League patches, what patches do the champions of the Premier League wear?

I think we will finish 4th and go up through the playoffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here