Windmill - Sir Loin of Beef - Setting Son

The Sutherland - Round George's

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hector's House used to be the Norfolk Arms

Tir na Nog used to be The Volunteer

Maria Fitzherbert's used to be Nobles Bar

What have the Lamb & Flag and the Cranbourne by Churchill Sq become? They both have poncey names now.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I heard you first time.

All the PPT, white-van geezers have moved across to The Cleveland.

Preston Park Tavern United , Treble winners 3 years running.

Got the trophy to prove it.

Class Pub

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
L&F = Easy bar
Cranbourne + Western Front.

Missing name from the Bo'sun = Carpenters/

Vanguard = Greens + Pasha?

Royal Hussar + Cock & Bottle + Lecturn.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What was the pub nearer the West Pier, that all the Arabs seemed to like? I used to have to listen on the last bus home, to common disco Doris going on about how lovely Achmed was, and how she really fancied Mahmood and he's really a PRINCE back in Egypt :lolol:

The Abinger.

Smooth types like me would also have tried, usually unsuccessfully, to get a performance out of Disco Doris.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
i do ive seen it go from sherrys/pink coconut/paradox, over the road was jenkinsons , anyone remember coasters ?? and im tha old i can remember when the gloucester was called MR Ks

Guilty to remembering all of this and also when the Top Rank was an ice rink:down:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
PPT is still going.
In name only. It's now a monstrous abomination with expensive, poncey food and clean toilets. The pool table's gone, the big screens have gone, the lads have gone; I don't think I've even SEEN Kev Taylor since it was done up. It was also a rock-solid Albion pub (running a very handy minibus up and down to Withdean on matchdays) and one of the few pubs where if you cheered TOO loudly for a Premiership team you'd be told to shut the f*** up.

If (when) John leaves the Cleveland and the new guv'nor does it up - I'll burn it down.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
In name only. It's now a monstrous abomination with expensive, poncey food and clean toilets. The pool table's gone, the big screens have gone, the lads have gone; I don't think I've even SEEN Kev Taylor since it was done up. It was also a rock-solid Albion pub (running a very handy minibus up and down to Withdean on matchdays) and one of the few pubs where if you cheered TOO loudly for a Premiership team you'd be told to shut the f*** up.

If (when) John leaves the Cleveland and the new guv'nor does it up - I'll burn it down.

:clap: It's a pub full of potentous FUCKS now. The atmopshere used to be quality, plenty of motown tunes and as you say, any plastic fans would soon be told to f*** off.

Kev is still about by the way :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You can't possibly do the Cleveland up any more. That conservatory bit out the back is bad enough (though the food i had whilst sitting in there was pretty good).

It's quite surprising that the PPT and Cleveland lasted as long as they did, considering the amount of young families/commuters around there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here