Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton pride

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
ive never met a bad gay guy/ woman yet, they are decent people, i used to be cab driver in brighton in the 90 s ...give me a gay guy from revenge, rather than a drunk from west street any day... .

Jul 16, 2009
The whole 'Pride' thing baffles me. Fair enough if you are gay but told hold a bloody festival to draw attention to yourselves because you are after all abnormal.

I don't see any advertisments for 'Cleft Pallet Pride' or 'Club Foot Pride' anywhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A mate of mine gave the best arguement for Pride I've ever heard. He suggested that the good thing about gay events is that chavs, idiots and other morons who normally blight our lives run a mile. Keep the idiots at bay, invite a gay!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
A mate of mine gave the best arguement for Pride I've ever heard. He suggested that the good thing about gay events is that chavs, idiots and other morons who normally blight our lives run a mile. Keep the idiots at bay, invite a gay!

Absolutely.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
the one thing that annoys me about pride is the local business' that suddenly become gay friendly for the weekend and hang a rainbow flag outside there shop/cafe/club/bar etc. I find that totally exploitatve as the other 51 weekends of the year they couldnt give a toss.

gay people are welcome at my club all year i dont need to hang a f***ing flag outside to prove it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the one thing that annoys me about pride is the local business' that suddenly become gay friendly for the weekend and hang a rainbow flag outside there shop/cafe/club/bar etc. I find that totally exploitatve as the other 51 weekends of the year they couldnt give a toss.

gay people are welcome at my club all year i dont need to hang a f***ing flag outside to prove it

I think they probably do 'give a toss' the rest of the year. For the one week you refer to they are simply joining in a celebration...which people do from time to time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Homosexuals are menace when they congregate in large groups.

Also never really seen the point of pride? Spend all year demanding equality then have a day screaming and shouting about how they are different.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i cant see what the fuss is about, if there is shagging in the bushes etc it should be stopped, but other than that , i dont see the problem,to be honest i think the gays have been more of a benefit to brighton than a problem, and i say that as a confirmed right wing bigot !

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
i cant see what the fuss is about, if there is shagging in the bushes etc it should be stopped, but other than that , i dont see the problem,to be honest i think the gays have been more of a benefit to brighton than a problem, and i say that as a confirmed right wing bigot !

I have to say when I saw that you has posted on this thread I put my argument hat on. You have surprised me and in a good way!:whisky:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

And if you needed confirmation, this thread is it. See you there:wave:

(And my daughter's 13th birthday party this year is to take a dozen friends to Pride and then into town for a meal - i must remember to steer them clear of the bushes :rolleyes: - )

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

It was decriminalised by labour along with cottaging.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have to say when I saw that you has posted on this thread I put my argument hat on. You have surprised me and in a good way!:whisky:
:laugh: , we disagree on a lot of things, and i'll put my hands up and admit that i still dont like seeing men showing affection publicly , especially with my 5& 8 yr old sons with me, but this festival has become inextricably linked with brighton, it really doesnt cause any harm, obviously benefits the local economy,and i respect the views of born and bred brightonians, but i think the gays have taken brighton upmarket if anything,apart from public displays of affection i really dont have a problem with it, i mean where else but brighton could you see a grown man dressed as wonder woman walking down the street at eight o clock on a saturday morning !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:laugh: , we disagree on a lot of things, and i'll put my hands up and admit that i still dont like seeing men showing affection publicly , especially with my 5& 8 yr old sons with me, but this festival has become inextricably linked with brighton, it really doesnt cause any harm, obviously benefits the local economy,and i respect the views of born and bred brightonians, but i think the gays have taken brighton upmarket if anything,apart from public displays of affection i really dont have a problem with it, i mean where else but brighton could you see a grown man dressed as wonder woman walking down the street at eight o clock on a saturday morning !

It's working. I'll make a decent man of you yet Bushy. :)

P.S. I'm Brighton born...in that old work house on top of the hill.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
i disagree, the police manage to bend (excuse the pun) a lot of laws to fit their purpose, just take the anti terrorism laws for example.

I remember a story where a fireman was reprimanded for shinning the engines spotlight on some bushes of a known gay haunt.

Plod can bend any law they see fit, and they have been well and truelly got at/politicised by Labour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if you needed confirmation, this thread is it. See you there:wave:

(And my daughter's 13th birthday party this year is to take a dozen friends to Pride and then into town for a meal - i must remember to steer them clear of the bushes :rolleyes: - )

Good call. My missus usually organises a bit of a Pride do....it usually ends up with me and my mates all pissed and wearing masses of disco glitter by 4pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here