Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton pride

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
By the way, would you be objecting so much if it was two fit lesbians going at it?

You mean like this??

kiss6xc.jpg

For the benefit of Das Reich, the above two people are GIRLS, you might even talk to them one day.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i'm not hiding , yes i have a issue with homosexuality , especially the dirty seedy faggots that troll Brighton, i'm entitled to my opinion on this , if it upsets some people on here so be it .

What is your objection?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
because some fella decides to make some pompous definition about it, means that it cannot be reclaimed? how many words do gays need to describe being gay?

No, it means that the only people who want it reclaimed are the pompous ones who not only would never have used the word anyway, but never would if it was "reclaimed".

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Eh? Brighton is a TOWN that relies on income from visitors. Whilst there might be an initial swell from people that can't afford to go abroad, I would not want to turn our backs on a decent revenue stream. I am sure that many small businesses would laugh at your suggestion.

What do you mean 'where the need is greater'?

The need is greater in areas where the gay, bi and lesbian population is nowhere near as established and accepted as in Brighton & Hove. While decent revenues are not to be sniffed at, it seems a rather shallow justification for what was once a public opinion-altering event that in recent decades has become much more complacent in its attitude and limited and unfocused in its aims.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i'm not hiding , yes i have a issue with homosexuality , especially the dirty seedy faggots that troll Brighton, i'm entitled to my opinion on this , if it upsets some people on here so be it .

Do you accept that others are entitled to their opinions as well, even if they differ from your own, or are you the type who believes that everyone is entitled to your opinion and anyone daring to disagree is automatically wrong?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes were straight normal people...its not just a gays day out..all genders turn out..

gay is a third/forth gender now? :lolol: suppose it is a little

anyway, someone made an excellent point about Brigthon being a tourist town. should we get upset about the London to Brighton Bike ride, the Mini rally et al? other than a few that should be told to behave themselves (theres more than a few discarded beer cans left behing) dont see anything other than good time for all.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
No, it means that the only people who want it reclaimed are the pompous ones who not only would never have used the word anyway, but never would if it was "reclaimed".

ill have to agree to disagree. i have no problems with gay folk just to clarify as it comes out quite antigay, i just wish a little condensing of terms would be in order.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The need is greater in areas where the gay, bi and lesbian population is nowhere near as established and accepted as in Brighton & Hove. While decent revenues are not to be sniffed at, it seems a rather shallow justification for what was once a public opinion-altering event that in recent decades has become much more complacent in its attitude and limited and unfocused in its aims.

But it shouldn't be about spreading the word. It shouldn't need to be spread. Brighton works. Everyone has fun, apart from the NIMBYS, most of which do not seem to live in Brighton.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the need is greater in areas where the football population is nowhere near as established and accepted as in brighton & hove. While decent revenues are not to be sniffed at, it seems a rather shallow justification for falmer stadium for what was once a public opinion-altering event that in recent decades has become much more complacent in its attitude and limited and unfocused in its aims.

slade out

sack the board

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But it shouldn't be about spreading the word. It shouldn't need to be spread. Brighton works. Everyone has fun, apart from the NIMBYS, most of which do not seem to live in Brighton.

Well, I agree that in an ideal world the word shouldn't need to be spread, if by the word you mean 'accepting people for who they are and for who they're not'. But aren't you conflating how things should be with how they are now
? Right now, there are many marginalised people who would stand to gain from Pride being challenging to received wisdom. But that requires taking the Pride event out of Brighton where it's practically preaching to the converted to somewhere where homophobia forms part of the majority view.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If you dont like it dont go to it. If it raises more cash than it costs whats the problem? Brighton ha always had a sleezy and tawdry image so nothing is going to change.

I wont go as I'm not a poof and I dont particularly like identity politics as its a corruption of democracy but thats another issue and my opinion.

To me its whatever bakes your loaf. The only people I am suspicous of are those who try to make political capital out of it one way or the other and the trendy right-on grauniad reading brigade who would go to be seen or to show "Solidarity" if those types exist.

Just have a gay old time why dontcha?:safeway

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Right now, there are many marginalised people who would stand to gain from Pride being challenging to received wisdom. But that requires taking the Pride event out of Brighton where it's practically preaching to the converted to somewhere where homophobia forms part of the majority view.

Oh great the first leftwing blowhard surfaces to spout jargon.

Exactly who and how are people marginalised? What is homophobia?

jeeezus h cristine what a load of dumb.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What's not to like? One year, couple of years back, there was Boy George doing a Culture Club medley live in a marquee about 200 paces from me front door. I say again: what's not to like -

Not to like? Erm... Boy George doing a culture club medley? :jester:

I probably won't be going because the last time I went was with an ex-girlfriend, so I kinda associate it with her, oddly.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh great the first leftwing blowhard surfaces to spout jargon.

Exactly who and how are people marginalised? What is homophobia?

jeeezus h cristine what a load of dumb.

Errr, I'm not left-wing. But you are illiterate. Anything beyond two syllables occurs to you as 'jargon.'

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I dont like that Kharme Chameleon song though :mendoza:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Errr, I'm not left-wing. But you are illiterate. Anything beyond two syllables occurs to you as 'jargon.'

I'm not illiterate fool i am dyslexic, I am also better educated than you could dream of becoming.

I stated the jargon and you didn't answer my questions.

Your not leftwing and yet you use politically loaded marxist buzzwords like marginalised and homophobia, a bit like someone whos using the term ****** quite freely claiming they are not a racist.

If it walks like a duck......

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In allowing this thread to turn into something with binfest potential, I take responsibility for my part within it. And I will not continue down that line of binfestness. If you want an explanation for how the word homophobia is popularly used, and examples of ways people are marginalised on the basis of their sexuality, go here
Prejudice Attitudes to Gay Men & Lesbians - Homophobia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here