Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton pride

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It's just called Pride, not Gay Pride. Straight folk are perfectly welcome.

So why was there gays shagging in the bushes last year, and the year before, and the year before.

:US:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So why was there gays shagging in the bushes last year, and the year before, and the year before.

:US:

:rolleyes:

Shagging in the bushes is wrong, whether it's gay people or straight people.

Also, me saying that straight people are welcome (which clearly they are) does not imply that gay people aren't.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Manchester Pride is FANTASTIC, and if Frutos sends me back my T shirt I will be wearing it.........with pride

6720_108979261355_725036355_2704414_2661865_n.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I stand to be corrected but right now I see absolutely no point in Pride being held in Brighton. I think it's redundant. Better to hold it somewhere else where the need is greater. That's not to say that homophobia doesn't exist in this city, but the deeply entrenched homophobia that still exists is not something that Pride, in its present state, is able to lay a finger on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whos for pride a week sat ?? me and er indoors will be going... and yes were straight normal people...its not just a gays day out..all genders turn out..bet some of you on here do ? its a good crack, music, drink, dance, chat..colour ..noise ..what more could you ask for !!!! :cool:

It's a GRAND ol' carnival by anybody's reckoning- and right across the road from me property folio investment, as it happens. In previous years have gone over the road with me mum&godmum/kids/bruv/mates/by meself. What's not to like? One year, couple of years back, there was Boy George doing a Culture Club medley live in a marquee about 200 paces from me front door. I say again: what's not to like - apart from JUST maybe the discarded beercans and the rest that makes the park look like a bomb's hit it for about 48 hours but is all gone by Tuesday.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bet your enjoyed watching:mendoza:

Wouldn't go within a 2/3 mile of that place, on that day. And I live in that Radius, so I think i'll bolt down to Bognor Regis for the BHA XI friendly.:D

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I stand to be corrected but right now I see absolutely no point in Pride being held in Brighton.

If you're looking for a 'point' beyond the general excuse for a good day out, then the MASSIVE boost to the entire economy of the city which it provides is surely a good one, especially in such harsh economic times?

Jan 30, 2008
I stand to be corrected but right now I see absolutely no point in Pride being held in Brighton. I think it's redundant. Better to hold it somewhere else where the need is greater. That's not to say that homophobia doesn't exist in this city, but the deeply entrenched homophobia that still exists is not something that Pride, in its present state, is able to lay a finger on.

fair comment.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
It's about people celebrating who they are, be that male, female, gay, straight, bi or whatever the heck else.

But why is the over all theme about homosexuality? Cancel it due to the Swine flu risk or move it to Iran, Saudi Arabia, The Yemen or Afganistan. Am I heading for a ban?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Eh? Brighton is a TOWN that relies on income from visitors. Whilst there might be an initial swell from people that can't afford to go abroad, I would not want to turn our backs on a decent revenue stream. I am sure that many small businesses would laugh at your suggestion.

What do you mean 'where the need is greater'?

Jan 30, 2008
If you're looking for a 'point' beyond the general excuse for a good day out, then the MASSIVE boost to the entire economy of the city which it provides is surely a good one, especially in such harsh economic times?
and the expense of the clear up after,maybe the pink pound could subsidise that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here