Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose bank funding for Falmer, or something similar

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't & can't Know the truth here, but I find some of the Completely pro Dick/the clubs posters,aggressive denial that anything can be wrong a bit worrying. I believe we're ok but can't help being a bit suspicious when I hear things like this, as the silence is deafening from the club concerning funding. Some of these posters seem so far up the club that they would have supported Archer & Stanley right up until we moved out of the goldstone.
Also love how it's turned into another stick to beat bhadeb with.(& no, I'm not related to her) :)

Agree completely. Some of the bile shown to SF and bhadeb on this thread is quite frankly pathetic.

I don't know the truth about the funding, not one person who has posted on this thread does INCLUDING Lord B who some seem to regard as the all-knowing oracle. He ain't . He may be more informed than most on this subject but commercially sensitive information like this would be known to only a handful of people on a need to know basis. So all these people slagging off SF and bhadeb are doing so from a position of ignorance.

I can quite believe that the banks have had a look at our form, our crowds, our prospects, the current economic climate, the direction that English footie is taking and decided to pull the plug. They're the people with the money. They can do that at any time up until the deal is done and the money is in the club's bank account. Equally, I can imagine that someone close to the club has effectively underwritten a part of the package.

But don't let me get in the way of a good binfest.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Agree completely. Some of the bile shown to SF and bhadeb on this thread is quite frankly pathetic.

I don't know the truth about the funding, not one person who has posted on this thread does INCLUDING Lord B who some seem to regard as the all-knowing oracle. He ain't . He may be more informed than most on this subject but commercially sensitive information like this would be known to only a handful of people on a need to know basis. So all these people slagging off SF and bhadeb are doing so from a position of ignorance.

I can quite believe that the banks have had a look at our form, our crowds, our prospects, the current economic climate, the direction that English footie is taking and decided to pull the plug. They're the people with the money. They can do that at any time up until the deal is done and the money is in the club's bank account. Equally, I can imagine that someone close to the club has effectively underwritten a part of the package.

Agreed and all well and good.

But we haven't "lost" Falmer. I saw it earlier so I can quash that one right away.

Secondly, surely if you had such info on a "fancy do", couldn't you name the venue and people you have been speaking to? If you can't then isn't it really pointless starting a thread you can't give the full details on.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Agree with pretty much all of this. Only thing I would add that in a way our current form and attendances are completely irrelevant. Its purely the fact that on a fairly blanket basis banks are not funding at the moment. We could have a very good business case, which I believe we have, and it would still be difficult to obtain the funding. But if the Blooms or someone else is funding it them who cares!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh and yes, some of thefacts of the original post may or may not be true, but the "Brighton have lost Falmer" title was a little daft!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agree with pretty much all of this. Only thing I would add that in a way our current form and attendances are completely irrelevant. Its purely the fact that on a fairly blanket basis banks are not funding at the moment. We could have a very good business case, which I believe we have, and it would still be difficult to obtain the funding. But if the Blooms or someone else is funding it them who cares!

I agree with you that no bank in it's right mind would lend £20-40million to a business that has not made an operating profit for 30 years, and who is claiming to double it's customer base in the middle of the biggest recession for 80 years. But that decision was probably made months ago.

But at the same time 'Brighton lose Falmer' is a little mischievous for a thread title.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nice new signature El Pres.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Absolute tosh!!!

Our current form and attendances are DIRECTLY linked to whether we can
a) in the medium term get back into the Championship and
b) generate the break even crowds of 12,000+ once we're there.

Bearing in mind its gone up from £42m to circa £60m that break even crowd level may now be higher!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't it strange that they suffer from similar spelling mistakes though? You don't think...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here