Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton/London marathon training

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm with you on this. I did a quick short run yesterday. I'm feeling quite fit at the moment and I think mentally I know the shorter distances are relatively easy so I just power away from the off.
That's another thing. Two weeks ago, I felt like an absolute mess. I was feeling the effects of a virus I couldn't shake off and every run was a trial. Yet today, I finished my 4.9 mile course so quickly that I wished I'd run it faster from the start, and I ran it carrying weights!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Had only my second run of the year today due to a knee injury, but for about a month, been doing various fittness classes at the gym to ease myself back into it, and managed 10 miles before my calfs were struggling (i worked legs in the gym and my calfs hadnt recovered) but i was very pleased with my run though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A mate of mine is a decathlete and proper fit. He once told me he would frequently puke up all over the show after running 800m!

The guy who won the World Athletics Championships Marathon was spewing as he approached the finish line. You're in good company.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I cycled the course this afternoon, there were loads of joggers practising along the cliff top part.

The up hill bits
- Preston Park going back towards Preston Droveway
- North Road
- Up St James Street
- Black Rock to Roedean pitch and putt

I got a bit lost in Ovingdean as the map was unclear,
- Quite big uphill bit up Ainsworth Avenue.,
- Sharp decent down Beacon Hill
- BIggest climb is Rottingdean to St Dunstans

the rest is pretty flat

It will be carnage in town that day, I wouldnt drive anywhere that day

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh well...just off for an 18 miler....................its all getting a bit daunting.bye:wave:

D

Deleted User X18H

13 miles for me today twice round Preston Park on to the seafront out to the Marina back to Pier on out to Western Espanade back up the Drive and a circuit of Hove Rec should cover it.......I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here