Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton/London marathon training

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im a dialysis patient so when i get a cold or flu etc it really delapidates me, put it this way i was out of breath walking up stairs today.

I'm certain you can defer for a year. Do this, then come back stronger next year.

Im a dialysis patient so when i get a cold or flu etc it really delapidates me, put it this way i was out of breath walking up stairs today.

If you have done the training there are other marathons around. For instance two weeks after Brighton is Three Forts marathon starting & finishing in Worthing. 13th June is Southdown Marathon.

Both cracking events that I will be running (I hope!)

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
If you have done the training there are other marathons around. For instance two weeks after Brighton is Three Forts marathon starting & finishing in Worthing. 13th June is Southdown Marathon.

Both cracking events that I will be running (I hope!)

cheers will have a look into those now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I completed my last big run this morning, 18 miles and a two week taper now. Celebrated with coffee and ice-cream at Maroccos in the lovely sunshine.

This morning was crazy, I've never seen so many runners on the Brighton seafront. Must have seen a couple of hundred and I saw that bare foot fella.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
God am I getting moody and bad tempered, excited and apprehensive. My preparation has been good, just need to put the plan into action and not get too carried away in first few miles -roll on this time next week (I hope).

Now feeling guilty every time i don't go out for a run - tapering and no alcohol just worsens the mood swings. Good luck everyone.

D

Deleted User X18H

Did just over 3 miles this morning in full marathon kit, no music and I passed Richard Madley on the cliff road which made his day! Very warm down here. One 4 mile run left on Wednesday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I aggrovated a groin strain on Wednesday after running 6 miles quickish at lunch and then playing 5 a side football in the evening.

I was worried as it was quite painful but 5 days of no exercise and I can barely feel any pain now. Five or six more days to go, I plan on doing a gentle 5 miles tomorrow and then I'm ready for Sunday. :)

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
Hi guys,

I am also running the marathon next weekend...been nursing a dodgy calf for the last week so not been running at all in 6 days, all training was going well until that point. Got an session with a sports physio tomorrow so hopefully she can work the magic with her healing hands.

Good luck all who are running!!

Hi guys,

I am also running the marathon next weekend...been nursing a dodgy calf for the last week so not been running at all in 6 days, all training was going well until that point. Got an session with a sports physio tomorrow so hopefully she can work the magic with her healing hands.

Good luck all who are running!!

Have added you to the other thread: How many BHA fans are running the marathon this weekend?

Welcome aboard

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I've just seen that Sunday it's rail replacement buses between Burgess Hill and Brighton. That's gonna be carnage especially with most of the city centre roads closed too

good luck to everyone

Are you sure? from the southern website...

Brighton Marathon Sunday 18th April 2010
Brighton Marathon 20:10: Course Starts at 09:00hrs.
-
Southern will be operating an enhanced morning service on some routes to Brighton.

And I can spot nothing on their 'planned works' section.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here