Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My toe hurts

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Did 22 yesterday - walking like an old man today - but looking forward to a taper ! highly recommend carbohydrate gels (great at about 17 miles). I also suck 'ride shots' every 2 miles. Energy levels felt good but legs were starting to fall apart ended up wadling like a duck.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
my feet are bloodied, blistered and nails are falling off.

ouch:eek:

As there are a fair few people now who've done quite a lot of running if you could offer fellow NSC'ers one long-run tip, what would it be?

Mine, related to the above would be to smear your toes in a bit of vaseline. I was suffering from blisters about a month or two ago, but this trick has sorted it out - not one blister since.

As there are a fair few people now who've done quite a lot of running if you could offer fellow NSC'ers one long-run tip, what would it be?

Mine, related to the above would be to smear your toes in a bit of vaseline. I was suffering from blisters about a month or two ago, but this trick has sorted it out - not one blister since.

Next 7 days eat a diet high in protein, followed by the next 7 days high in carbohydrates & keep the beer in moderation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next 7 days eat a diet high in protein, followed by the next 7 days high in carbohydrates & keep the beer in moderation

Is this for the two week taper period?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good call. I had not thought of this.

My long run tip is to get your missus to promise to take you to Maroccos for an ice cream sundae for every long run you do. This helps me through the final few miles.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
im now dreading this, havent done as much running as i need to, furthest has been 14 miles, mainly due to ill health. if i finish i will be amazed.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
im now dreading this, havent done as much running as i need to, furthest has been 14 miles, mainly due to ill health. if i finish i will be amazed.

You'll finish.

The last few miles could be slow and/or painful, but you'll get round!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Im out :( have had a stinking cold and heavy cough for a week and its knocked me for six, tried to walk into brighton yeterday and that nearly killed me. Gutted.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Im out :( have had a stinking cold and heavy cough for a week and its knocked me for six, tried to walk into brighton yeterday and that nearly killed me. Gutted.

Bit premature with a week and a bit to go ? you have done the training can't see how a cold affects being able to do the race ? Hope you are not looking for excuses.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Im a dialysis patient so when i get a cold or flu etc it really delapidates me, put it this way i was out of breath walking up stairs today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here