Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton linked to shipperly

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Saint Lennard said:
Agreed but more money, playing in a winning side, nearer to home or anywhere where cost of living(housing) is cheaper may be more attractive than minmum wage in the costly south playing in a side where he will get about 10% of the ball.

His wages will currently be way in excess of what we can afford. I reckon he'd have to take a 60%+ cut in his salary. Can't see him wanting to do that AND play for a losing side.

Agreed. I wonder what wages he is on at Cardiff at the moment must be quite high if they want to offload him somewhere else.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
Now did I say that ? No I didn't. However you do rather illustrate my point about Croydon's illiteracy problem.
I totally agree. Thank God i dont live in Croydon.

So what are you saying exactly?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
I totally agree. Thank God i dont live in Croydon.

So what are you saying exactly?

I wasn't discuusing size or success as right now that's a no contest., only an idiot would dispute that. What I was alluding to is that our situation currently doesn't reflect on where this club could be and how successful we'd be too. Obviously if and whenwe get Falmer things should change.

If you compare us to your neighbours Millwall their crowds haven't changed much since they moved to the New Den (and that's allowing for the number who don't go thanks to their new membership policies). On the other hand I'm pretty confident that ours will double.

Remember also that if you don't have your expected good season (I rather think you will in all honesty) your crowds will fall away but that's the nature of the beast is it not ?

Where do you live roughly as a matter of interest ?

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
I wasn't discuusing size or success as right now that's a no contest., only an idiot would dispute that. What I was alluding to is that our situation currently doesn't reflect on where this club could be and how successful we'd be too. Obviously if and whenwe get Falmer things should change.

If you compare us to your neighbours Millwall their crowds haven't changed much since they moved to the New Den (and that's allowing for the number who don't go thanks to their new membership policies). On the other hand I'm pretty confident that ours will double.

Remember also that if you don't have your expected good season (I rather think you will in all honesty) your crowds will fall away but that's the nature of the beast is it not ?

Where do you live roughly as a matter of interest ?
"discuusing" You dont live in Croydon do you? You illiterate twat. :rolleyes:

But i'm talking about now. This whole discussion arose because i was commenting on the different ambitions of our respective clubs. We release a fat lump because we feel he's not good enough and the majority of you lot are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of that fat lump joining you. (i was rubbing it in basically as it's my duty to do so)

Then someone goes and says Palace will go down the toilet and is a shitty little club. Now i politely replied and said he supports Brighton and is in no position to call most clubs shitty. And so we're here, people implying that Palace are infact not a bigger more successful club and Brighton are actually a volcano waiting to explode. (dont make me laugh) I think we should leave it at that.

"Remember also that if you don't have your expected good season (I rather think you will in all honesty) your crowds will fall away but that's the nature of the beast is it not ?"

Of course. I expect our average gate to be around 18-19,000 this season. If we dont go up this season then i expect we'll get 16-17,000 just like we were before we last went up. Still not bad for a CCC club and i'd be very suprised if you get that if/when you get a new stadium.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feck off Eagles #1, you sound far too literate and reasonable to be a real scum fan :)

Probably an American using # instead of number as well.

Last edited:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
brightonfan_86 said:
I think SJ don't know anything about ambitions think about this AJ wants to leave to further his England career, but SJ want's to keep him in my book that's disgraceful.
If he stays with you his England career will go down the toilet just like the rest of your shitty club.

palace pay his wages at £16 a week,took a gamble on him from the blues have trained him up to be a top striker why is it a disgrace they want to keep him?

as for ships buy him now he wont let you down

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

I couldn't give a f*** if Palace are a bigger club than Brighton (which they are by the way). I support Brighton because it's my home team.

Man Utd are a bigger team than Palace, and I beat eagles#1 couldn't give a monkeys about that either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
Then someone goes and says Palace will go down the toilet and is a shitty little club. Now i politely replied and said he supports Brighton and is in no position to call most clubs shitty.

Who said that then ? Oh, sorry about the typo but I have a broken right index finger.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He had a great song when with Wimbledon. To the tune of Chim-chimeree ...............

*clears throat*

Ship-Shiperley, Ship-Shiperley, Ship-Ship-Sheroo
He's not Ronaldo
But Eff-it - he'll do.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
Who said that then ? Oh, sorry about the typo but I have a broken right index finger.
brightonfan_86 or something.

"If he stays with you his England career will go down the toilet just like the rest of your shitty club."

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Dick Knights Mum said:
He had a great song when with Wimbledon. To the tune of Chim-chimeree ...............

*clears throat*

Ship-Shiperley, Ship-Shiperley, Ship-Ship-Sheroo
He's not Ronaldo
But Eff-it - he'll do.
:lolol:

Worth stealing if he comes.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
eagles #1 said:

"If he stays with you his England career will go down the toilet just like the rest of your shitty club."

Don't judge us all the same as him. Please.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:

Aw yes, sorry about that but if you look around a bit you'll see that he's not our most popular poster, seems to have a similar mentality to your 'Old Git',

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that Shipperly would be a good signing.

He'd cause a lot of dressing room disharmony when he realises that there's only one KFC bucket at half time and it's got Guy Butters' name on it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
KinkyGoebels said:
Who would you rather have mccammon or him?

shipperley is a proven goal scorer at this level

Who would you rather have...McCammon or...erm...anyone in the whole wide world? I even think I would ask the Welsh menace back than see McCammon again

PS I agree with everything Earnie says...he is dead right..teher is no ambition at this club

Dick Tight OUT

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
perth seagull said:
I don't think that Shipperly would be a good signing.

He'd cause a lot of dressing room disharmony when he realises that there's only one KFC bucket at half time and it's got Guy Butters' name on it.
I pray that AJ is still with us when we come to play you. Watching Guy Butters trying to catch him seems it has the potential to be the funniest sight in football EVER! :lolol:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
eagles #1 said:
I pray that AJ is still with us when we come to play you. Watching Guy Butters trying to catch him seems it has the potential to be the funniest sight in football EVER! :lolol:

Not if AJ still hasn't learned how to tie his shoe laces and keeps "falling" over every second.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles #1 said:

nah, that was the Palace game where there was 5 penalties.

just hilarious

Also, the 9-0 was somewhat humerous also

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
dave the gaffer said:
nah, that was the Palace game where there was 5 penalties.

just hilarious

Also, the 9-0 was somewhat humerous also
More so than the 26/10/02? Now THAT was mildly amusing.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here