Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton linked to shipperly

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
perth seagull said:
Not if AJ still hasn't learned how to tie his shoe laces and keeps "falling" over every second.
With your recent record of giving away pens...i predict at least 10 for us :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles #1 said:
More so than the 26/10/02? Now THAT was mildly amusing.:)

I have no recall of such a date..

Post traumatic Stress Disorder prevents me from even thinking about something that may or may not have happened on that date.

I remember back in the 70's winning 1-0 at Palace with barry Butlin scoring ( he was on loan from Forest I think it was) we scored early and missed the goal as we were fighting for our lives outside the ground...about 50 Palace "boot boys" took on about 10 of us who got the late train. Very big and hard of them. suffice it to say, I have never seen them since as their faces are etched in my memory

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am old enough to remember when Palar$e and Brighton played on an even playing field, and we matched them all the way, and in every way... we are clubs of approximately the same size, assuming Falmer stadium is built of course...

BTW... Simon Jordon is one of the biggest to$$ers in footie, and IS wrong to hold AJ back... IF he stays, I hope AJ lacks the motivation he had last season (he surely will if he wants to leave, and is held back)... SJ's pathetic wide-boy speech when Palar$e were relegated last season, claiming that his club were better than West Brom (bollox, of course), was my favorite comedy moment of that great day... Ian Dowie, on the other hand, accepted relegation with integrity... he is a great manager, who I hope does the decent thing, i.e. finds a better club to manange, and one with better leadership than SJ (not difficult)...

And, finally, I wouldn't give priority to getting a target man in now... we have bigger gaps in our squad to fill... however, given our financial constraints, we could do a lot worse than NS...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhaexpress said:
Where do you live rough as a matter of interest ?
Bit harsh there bha.
I know most Palace fans are pikey tramps, but we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush (unless the tar is boiling hot and we've got a sackful of feathers).

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
dave the gaffer said:
I have no recall of such a date..

Post traumatic Stress Disorder prevents me from even thinking about something that may or may not have happened on that date.

I remember back in the 70's winning 1-0 at Palace with barry Butlin scoring ( he was on loan from Forest I think it was) we scored early and missed the goal as we were fighting for our lives outside the ground...about 50 Palace "boot boys" took on about 10 of us who got the late train. Very big and hard of them. suffice it to say, I have never seen them since as their faces are etched in my memory
Would you like me to explain in detail what happened on that wonderful day? :p

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles #1 said:
Would you like me to explain in detail what happened on that wonderful day? :p

It wouldn't even register mate. and would set my treatment back months

:lolol:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
B.W. said:

BTW... Simon Jordon is one of the biggest to$$ers in footie, and IS wrong to hold AJ back... IF he stays, I hope AJ lacks the motivation he had last season (he surely will if he wants to leave, and is held back)... SJ's pathetic wide-boy speech when Palar$e were relegated last season, claiming that his club were better than West Brom (bollox, of course), was my favorite comedy moment of that great day... Ian Dowie, on the other hand, accepted relegation with integrity... he is a great manager, who I hope does the decent thing, i.e. finds a better club to manange, and one with better leadership than SJ (not difficult)...
Simon Jordan is first and foremost a Palace fan. He wants what is best for Palace. The speech he made was from his heart, he thought over the course of the season Palace deserved to stay up (obviously not as we were relegated) but that was his thoughts, probably because we got 4 points off WBA. We were 8 minutes from survival, you dont get much closer.

If all chairman took notice of SJ's stance and comments on agents football would be a better place in my opinion. AJ has signed for 5 years and made a commitment to Palace, why should'nt SJ want him to honour at least half of that f***ing contract?! We have a much better chance of Promotion and the £25m that comes with it if our best player is at the club banging in the goals, SJ knows that, if Iain Dowie is as good as a motivator as everyone says he is he'll sit down with AJ and have a heart to heart with him (i guess he already has as there hasnt been much speculation recently, ignore the Mirror report today, it's bullshit). If you look at it from our perspective, the man talks alot of sense

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles #1 said:
Simon Jordan is first and foremost a Palace fan. He wants what is best for Palace. The speech he made was from his heart, he thought over the course of the season Palace deserved to stay up (obviously not as we were relegated) but that was his thoughts, probably because we got 4 points off WBA. We were 8 minutes from survival, you dont get much closer.

If all chairman took notice of SJ's stance and comments on agents football would be a better place in my opinion. AJ has signed for 5 years and made a commitment to Palace, why should'nt SJ want him to honour at least half of that f***ing contract?! We have a much better chance of Promotion and the £25m that comes with it if our best player is at the club banging in the goals, SJ knows that, if Iain Dowie is as good as a motivator as everyone says he is he'll sit down with AJ and have a heart to heart with him (i guess he already has as there hasnt been much speculation recently, ignore the Mirror report today, it's bullshit). If you look at it from our perspective, the man talks alot of sense

There are two flaws in that arguement.

1. No-one has a divine right to play in any division. Ok, you came close to staying up, 8 minutes, however over the season, you lost more games than you needed to stay up...hence you didn't get the points to stay up. The 8 minutes are therefore a tad immaterial.

2. Real world scenario. Contracts are nowadays letters of intent to pay compensation. That is all. We give out 2 year contracts that mean absolutely nothing as DK said when Coppell left that everyone was for sale. Therefore I would do away with any contracts over a year. However I would have the FA work out some sort of scale which allows for compensation to be paid to the "selling" club based on worth - say internationals played, games played, a bit like the Delloits rating at Cricket.

I agree with what you said about AJ, however if the International manager says you would be better off playing in the Prem, then surely as a player you are going to look to go

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
eagles #1 said:

I disagree. I think Palace are better off without AJ. If you can really get 6-8million plus for him, then you should cash in straight away. He's only one player. If he breaks his leg on the opening day, your season and his value are f***ed. If you sell him now- and are on as sound a financial footing as Jordan claims- then all the money can be reinvested in the team. You could bring in 3 or 4 top class players and have a side that will walk the league.

And Jordan really is a limelight loving muppet. He's cringeworthy and an embarassment to football. But I'm delighted his chosen club is palace:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for Johnson. There is a World Cup in a year's time and England have a lack of strikers. Crouch and Alan Smith?? FFS!

Jordan should do the right thing and let Johnson go.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I suppose if you're a self-made millionaire you have to be confident and you probably didn't get there by being 'nice'. Jordan obviously believes that his way is the right way and won't budge. The problem is that forcing people to honour their contracts when they clearly don't want to is hardly the best way to motivate them - and if he thinks he's doing this to discourage the others then that could backfire too.

I would think that if AJ is denied a move he'll have 2 things on his mind...

1. I want to get back at him.
2. I'm going to see out the contract but I'm not going to put myself out. I don't want to get injured playing for this lot.

If that's the case then it could affect team morale as, even if Dowie drops him, he'll still be seen drawing his wage and not contributing.

I expect Jordan's behaving the same way with AJ as he does with his other employees - which perhaps explains why he's described (along with Rupert Lowe) as being 'obnoxious and arrogant'....

To sum up, I wish Palace and Jordan a very long relationship - and many more seasons in the Championship or lower.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
Bit harsh there bha.
I know most Palace fans are pikey tramps, but we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush (unless the tar is boiling hot and we've got a sackful of feathers).

Oi, Easy remember that I live in the Bondon Lorough of Doycron!!!

:censored:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
garry nelsons left foot said:
I disagree. I think Palace are better off without AJ. If you can really get 6-8million plus for him, then you should cash in straight away. He's only one player. If he breaks his leg on the opening day, your season and his value are f***ed. If you sell him now- and are on as sound a financial footing as Jordan claims- then all the money can be reinvested in the team. You could bring in 3 or 4 top class players and have a side that will walk the league.

And Jordan really is a limelight loving muppet. He's cringeworthy and an embarassment to football. But I'm delighted his chosen club is palace:lolol:
But how easy are 30+ goal scorers to come across? AJ scored 27 league goals in Div 1 two seasons ago maybe more and 22 Premiership goals. He's had that expreience against the best defenders in the World so should be scoring 30+ this season in the CCC. AJ is one in a blue moon, they dont come around very often and when they do you've got to try your hardest to hold onto them.

There's been rumours that as Man City have basically sold SWP to Chelski his brother Bradley (very good prospect) is being used as bait plus cash for AJ. I cant see it happening myself as City have said BWP is a bigger prospect than SWP so giving him and cash for anyone doesn't seem likely. But i guess we'll see.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
SWP - socailist workers party?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
But how easy are 30+ goal scorers to come across? AJ scored 27 league goals in Div 1 two seasons ago maybe more and 22 Premiership goals. He's had that expreience against the best defenders in the World so should be scoring 30+ this season in the CCC. AJ is one in a blue moon, they dont come around very often and when they do you've got to try your hardest to hold onto them.

You're quite right about the scarcity of prolific scorers but how motivated will AJ be ? Personally I'm like most BHA and reckon that Jordon should cash in. The offer of Earnshaw plus £4 millions was pretty good as Earnshaw is a very handy player. However, AJ would be mad to go to a team like WBA. We'll see.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
I feel sorry for Johnson. There is a World Cup in a year's time and England have a lack of strikers. Crouch and Alan Smith?? FFS!

Jordan should do the right thing and let Johnson go.

i concur johnson is a much better player than smith

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Legend that he was, the Bobster did give the impression that he was going through the motions towards the end of his Albion career, once he knew he was offski. His style was always quite languid anyway, but he was playing out time for us once his head was turned by the bigger clubs. Johnson won't be the same player if Jordan holds onto him and extinguishes his chances of the World Cup.

He's had a taste of the England squad now, and Johnson has already made it CRYSTAL clear, in public, that he wants out. He knows for a fact that he's not going to get a SNIFF of that England squad again all the while he's Knocking around at grounds like Withdean and Kenilworth Road. He could score 30 penalties next season and Sven wouldn't even bat an eyelid - its top flight or nuffin for England players, the swedish slaphead has already made that abundently clear.

Johnson need to move NOW to press his England claims. And if he doesn't, he'll be shit next year anyway.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Easy 10 said:
Legend that he was, the Bobster did give the impression that he was going through the motions towards the end of his Albion career, once he knew he was offski. His style was always quite languid anyway, but he was playing out time for us once his head was turned by the bigger clubs. Johnson won't be the same player if Jordan holds onto him and extinguishes his chances of the World Cup.

He's had a taste of the England squad now, and Johnson has already made it CRYSTAL clear, in public, that he wants out. He knows for a fact that he's not going to get a SNIFF of that England squad again all the while he's Knocking around at grounds like Withdean and Kenilworth Road. He could score 30 penalties next season and Sven wouldn't even bat an eyelid - its top flight or nuffin for England players, the swedish slaphead has already made that abundently clear.

Johnson need to move NOW to press his England claims. And if he doesn't, he'll be shit next year anyway.

Agreed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Crouch and Alan Smith.

crouch is the perfect player for england

johnson HAS to leave palace if he is to play in the world cup. and i hope he does, we might actually win on penalties

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here