Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton linked to shipperly

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ernest said:
Dick Tight = No new signings

New chairman = New signings

A simple mathmatic statistic and if it wasn't for the Pepsi money we wouldn't have signed Colin the Clown and Ken Dodd :nono:

Rumour has it that Ernie got attacked and had the shit kicked out of him. Okay you might say but unhappily it caused a major pollution incident.

He's 'recovered' now as you may have noticed.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
At least out players have hair ... Well, all except Charlie of course. If Shipperley's so fat that speaks volumes about the standard of your club's training routines, probably part of the reason you went down.
Yes, because hair is vital ???

Possibly, Although having John Harbin as our fitness coach i cant see that being the problem. The lad just ate too much, cant stop him putting things in his mouth i guess?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
Yes, because hair is vital ???

Possibly, Although having John Harbin as our fitness coach i cant see that being the problem. The lad just ate too much, cant stop him putting things in his mouth i guess?

Don't go there, remember where you are ! :lolol:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
eagles #1 said:
:lolol:

This just goes to show the difference in the ambition's between our clubs. We release the fattest player i've ever seen at Palace (well, rivalling Thomas Brolin!) and you poor sods are all excited about the possibility of him joining you!! God help you.

He's got a point.....

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
eagles #1 said:

This just goes to show the difference in the ambition's between our clubs. We release the fattest player i've ever seen at Palace (well, rivalling Thomas Brolin!) and you poor sods are all excited about the possibility of him joining you!! God help you.

A rose in a turnip field is a weed. Not sure if Shipperley is a weed but you certainly have a field full of turnips.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Juan Albion said:
A rose in a turnip field is a weed. Not sure if Shipperley is a weed but you certainly have a field full of turnips.

Shoudn't the last four letters of the word 'turnip' just be 'ds' ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...I'm not particularly bothered that Shipperleys played for the scum, but he's not the sort of signing that I'd be too thrilled about. He's certainly a bit of a porker who's seen better days.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Easy 10 said:
Hmmm...I'm not particularly bothered that Shipperleys played for the scum, but he's not the sort of signing that I'd be too thrilled about. He's certainly a bit of a porker who's seen better days.

Didnt people say that about Tank??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stevie_boy said:
Didnt people say that about Tank??
Yep, and to his credit he did turn it round and proved everyone wrong.

But Shipperleys been a porker for years, he shouldn't really be fighting the flab at 30. If thats his attitude at a (perceived) "bigger club" like Palace, I'm not sure how he'd take to the portacabins and athletics track at Withers. Will he really fancy it down here ?

I have my doubts, But if we do sign him, I'll be very VERY happy to be proved totally wrong about him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Knightsworld said:
eagles #1 said:
:lolol:

He's got a point.....

To a point yes but unlike Palarse we are trying to live within our meagre means. Something that Palarse fans won't admit or maybe don't know (with their school system illiteracy is rife) is that they are £20 million in debt. Remember also the Jordon doesn't own Selworst Park, Ron Noades does and sooner or later they'll need a new home. Apart from AJ they don't have too many assets. Well they could rent out Jordon's mouth to several refugee families.

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
bhaexpress said:
To a point yes but unlike Palarse we are trying to live within our meagre means. Something that Palarse fans won't admit or maybe don't know (with their school system illiteracy is rife) is that they are £20 million in debt. Remember also the Jordon doesn't own Selworst Park, Ron Noades does and sooner or later they'll need a new home. Apart from AJ they don't have too many assets. Well they could rent out Jordon's mouth to several refugee families.
Interesting you say that. Have you any evidence we're £20m in debt, and that it's endangering our club? I'd love to see it.

We've been having 6/7/8 million bids for AJ yet Jordan is adament he doesnt need to be sold. Now being in such dire financial state as you say, wouldnt Jordan jump at the chance of selling? Not to mention Gabor Kiraly, Fitz Hall, Tom Soares etc. We've recieved £2m + for Wayne Routledge from Spurs as compensation...

But hang on....we've spent near enough £3m this season?!

£1.5m - Darren Ward
£750k - Jon Macken
£600k - Jobi Mcanuff

Oh dear, If it's as bad as you say it is, Jordan's got us well and truely f***ed.

(Or is it ambition? how many millions were West Ham in debt before they got promoted? They signed and held onto the likes of Harewood, Reo-Coker, Sherigham etc and now look where they are. SJ wants the best for Palace and believes we belong in the Prem and the £25m+ cash that comes with it, we will not reach the Prem by selling our best assets )

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
eagles #1 said:
Interesting you say that. Have you any evidence we're £20m in debt, and that it's endangering our club? I'd love to see it.

We've been having 6/7/8 million bids for AJ yet Jordan is adament he doesnt need to be sold. Now being in such dire financial state as you say, wouldnt Jordan jump at the chance of selling? Not to mention Gabor Kiraly, Fitz Hall, Tom Soares etc. We've recieved £2m + for Wayne Routledge from Spurs as compensation...

But hang on....we've spent near enough £3m this season?!

£1.5m - Darren Ward
£750k - Jon Macken
£600k - Jobi Mcanuff

Oh dear, If it's as bad as you say it is, Jordan's got us well and truely f***ed.

(Or is it ambition? how many millions were West Ham in debt before they got promoted? They signed and held onto the likes of Harewood, Reo-Coker, Sherigham etc and now look where they are. SJ wants the best for Palace and believes we belong in the Prem and the £25m+ cash that comes with it, we will not reach the Prem by selling our best assets )

I think SJ don't know anything about ambitions think about this AJ wants to leave to further his England career, but SJ want's to keep him in my book that's disgraceful.
If he stays with you his England career will go down the toilet just like the rest of your shitty club.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here