Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton linked to shipperly

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bew4194 said:
We haven't blown all our money on CKR and McGhee has budgeted for another target man so why not Shipperley? Who cares about the Palace connection?

Only the ignorant and narrow minded cretins. I mean, if you want to really whinge about Shiiperly let's not forget he also played for Southampton !

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If he can bag 20 goals a season for the Albion I don't care who he has played for in the past, we have had a number of players down the years with connections to the likes of Palace and Pompey, as long as they are fit to grace the stripes then that is all that matters.

May be a good signing, all we would need then is a new keeper and a crafty midfield dynamo...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Only the ignorant and narrow minded cretins. I mean, if you want to really whinge about Shiiperly let's not forget he also played for Southampton !

Hardly the same...learn your Albion history :salute: :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Charlies Shinpad said:
I heard that we are after someone from Cardiff!

Can't see how that is, they've not really got any decent players left.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Oh no, I can see the headlines tomorrow "Team playing at athletics track sign Hamman to be their lap of honour coach"....

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'd gladly take Shipperley. Proven striker at this level and we must all admit that's what we've been looking for since Bobby left.
I can't see he'd cost that much and considering the locations of the other supposedly interested clubs he would surely favour a move to the South coast.
Furthermore he's practically guaranteed a goal against the scum if he plays and that alone makes him worth a sniff in my book.

I'd be very pleased if this turned out to be true. Otherwise I'm running out of ideas as to where to turn for the striker we still desperately need.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So would I, especially after watching "Trolley" yesterday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't want a fat Palace reject. Shipperley was hugely overweight last season, and even the other Palace bonehead managers before Dowie weren't picking him. If he has sorted himself out on the pies front, I'll magnanimously overlook the fact he's played for Lucifer's team on earth, as he could do a half-decent job for us.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The reason i think Dowie didn't play Shipperly last season was because he wasn't up for the job in Prem, It sounds to be like he is happy in London and don't want to move North or to far down South because it would be far to travel. And Shipperly is a target man we're looking for and i would like to see him down here even through he has played for the scum.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I was going to suggest Michael Owen but he's not really a target man is he ?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I would like to have him in my team, wouldnt bother me with his past connections,

How bad was the trolley yesterday?????

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
:lolol:

This just goes to show the difference in the ambition's between our clubs. We release the fattest player i've ever seen at Palace (well, rivalling Thomas Brolin!) and you poor sods are all excited about the possibility of him joining you!! God help you.

Just make sure you've got a kebab shop nearby as he likes to pop out at half time for a snack, oh and dont forget those XXXXXL shirts and shorts.

EDIT: Thanks for the Play Off final tap in Shipps, oh and the "accidental" trip on Mart Poom in the Semi Final 2nd leg. You've been a good loyal servant to Palace. (you're just a bit fat now ):(

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
eagles #1 said:
:lolol:

This just goes to show the difference in the ambition's between our clubs. We release the fattest player i've ever seen at Palace (well, rivalling Thomas Brolin!) and you poor sods are all excited about the possibility of him joining you!! God help you.

Just make sure you've got a kebab shop nearby as he likes to pop out at half time for a snack, oh and dont forget those XXXXXL shirts and shorts.

At least out players have hair ... Well, all except Charlie of course. If Shipperley's so fat that speaks volumes about the standard of your club's training routines, probably part of the reason you went down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here