Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton introduce loyalty system for away games

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It's being started now just in case, you'll need to have bought tickets to Oldham and Rochdale to get a Notts County ticket.

???

Rochdale is pay on the gate. Might send my ticket in to the club after though just to make sure I get my Notts County ticket!!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Cant be arsed to argue the toss over this,all I wanted was a fair crack at a home ticket at the Amex like many poor souls who only get down a few times a year, but pay into the club coffers by other means.

Your problem might nor be points but just lack of tickets avaliable. I would guess your best bet will be the ticket exchange

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
???

Rochdale is pay on the gate. Might send my ticket in to the club after though just to make sure I get my Notts County ticket!!

The ticket stub also needs to be sent to the club by Royal Mail Special Delivery (£5.05) to qualify in the ballot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I guess what is not being revealed is how points are being allocated. There are many permutations, but it would be easy to give guaranteed priority to 1901ers, eg...

1901 home game attended - 3 points
Non-1901 home game attended - 1 point
Away game attended - 1 point

If the 1901ers were given a cast iron guarantee at the presentations that they would get first dibs at prestige away match tickets they could allocate them 10 points for every game whether or not they attended.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The ticket stub also needs to be sent to the club by Royal Mail Special Delivery (£5.05) to qualify in the ballot.

Cheers! Will get down to the Post Office tomorrow to make sure I have the forms. Presume it has to be Guarenteed 9 am on the Tuesday after the Rochdale game to count?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cheers! Will get down to the Post Office tomorrow to make sure I have the forms. Presume it has to be Guarenteed 9 am on the Tuesday after the Rochdale game to count?

I've heard that some fans will be taking the necessary paperwork with them to the game and then dashing to a post office before they shut at 5.30 so they get a guaranteed 9am delivery on the Monday.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If our current form continues then we will be playing in the championship.I am presuming that under the new loyalty scheme non desirable away games such as Doncaster,wigan,barnsley etc will offer more loyalty points than the likes of palace,Portsmouth & west ham.If this is the case then won't fans buy tickets for these games just for the loyalty points with no intention of going to the matches.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If our current form continues then we will be playing in the championship.I am presuming that under the new loyalty scheme non desirable away games such as Doncaster,wigan,barnsley etc will offer more loyalty points than the likes of palace,Portsmouth & west ham.If this is the case then won't fans buy tickets for these games just for the loyalty points with no intention of going to the matches.

Only one thing wrong with this idea , you're not taking into account Brighton fans that will think Donny , Wigan , Barnsley etc are desirable away games as they will be local games for them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did think when I typed that if someone would pick up on the word 'attended' there. I nearly edited it out as I really can't see a system being sophisticated enough to verify actual attendance when a ticket is in hand - surely the most practical metric is a ticket purchased (inclusive of season ticket / 1901 ticket), otherwise...

- They would also have to record the attendance of 'pay per game' purchasers instead of just the fact that a ticket had been bought.

- To be completely fair they'd need to also verify the same for away tickets in order to stop those who have the financial means to buy away tickets to keep their points up, but only actually attending the 'big' games.

The club need to clear this up though. I've got a 1901 seat and I need to know what gets me the loyalty points. Not actually going to the game is one thing, but supposing I make it to the hospitality area but for whatever reason I cannot be arsed to go and actually sit in my seat and watch the game? Will I actually need to watch the game to get my loyalty points?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
It's a fair way.

A crap northern midweek away is worth 5 points, while a local Saturday 3 o'clock is worth 1.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011

That's a risk they take. Not that many people will spend £20-30, 10-15 times a season, whilst they sit at home listening on the radio, just so they can get priority to see West Ham or someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here