Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton introduce loyalty system for away games

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh gosh, I thought ironing was alive and well on this bored.

After years of mistrust and general dislike of the AMS, here we go, at last a scheme that on the surface appears to be the right one, I think its about time and sounds to me to be well thought out, but I am sure there will be some who think it's wrong because it doesn't suit them.
Well I've been going since 1966, been at the Goldstone in crowds of 5000, supported Brighton home and away, marched against Archer and for Falmer, went regularly to Priestfield, been more times than I wanted to to Withdean and I think this is ........................ quite a good idea actually.

I'm struggling to think of anything wrong with it, but give me time.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Great move, will really sort out the superfans from the JCLs. :clap2:

Presume you come under the latter category having missed FCUM in order to see us bash the crims?!!

Do that next season and you will run the risk of missing out on Barnsley away!!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Presume the only potential binfest would be if you got more points for being in the 1901 than other STH.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Presume you come under the latter category having missed FCUM in order to see us bash the crims?!!

Do that next season and you will run the risk of missing out on Barnsley away!!

My next away game will be Chelsea in the cup.
Is it New Zealand next winter? Great country and meant to be the best tour of all.

Presume the only potential binfest would be if you got more points for being in the 1901 than other STH.

I'm pretty sure they will.
I'd guess it would be something like 90pts for an STH and 100pts for a 1901er so you could probably make up the difference with one unglamourous away game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And hopefully anyone starting such a binfest will get slapped down on here for being ridiculously naiive in failing to accept that the club needs to recognise it's best "customers" and treat them accordingly. Gone are the days when we should even consider pandering to student types who live in Manchester and go to 2 away games and 1 home game a season. Not when there are 2,900 corporate season ticket holders and 11,000 standard season ticket holders to satisfy first, anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought the 1901 people were told they had priority on all away tickets

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems like a good idea from a club who are geared up to maximise ticket sales - makes no difference to people like me who will go to away games when they can, sometimes in the "wrong" end, but it will ensure that fans think that the only way they can get to a game is by being a member and that will generate extra revenue - I remember a time when every penny counted towards keeping the club afloat so what's to complain about here?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
And hopefully anyone starting such a binfest will get slapped down on here for being ridiculously naiive in failing to accept that the club needs to recognise it's best "customers" and treat them accordingly. Gone are the days when we should even consider pandering to student types who live in Manchester and go to 2 away games and 1 home game a season. Not when there are 2,900 corporate season ticket holders and 11,000 standard season ticket holders to satisfy first, anyway.

Not interested in fair weather fans, but STH who go to say 10 away games a season and have done for years. Palace away next season might only get us say 3, 000 tickets. If the match is early in season 1901 points, before away loyalty has a chance to be established, may prevent lots of "its best customers" going.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought the 1901 people were told they had priority on all away tickets

I guess what is not being revealed is how points are being allocated. There are many permutations, but it would be easy to give guaranteed priority to 1901ers, eg...

1901 home game attended - 3 points
Non-1901 home game attended - 1 point
Away game attended - 1 point

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To clarify..priority on away A-list games was the information we were given at the presentation.

If our away support for big games is going to be made up largely of the prawn sandwich munchers, it's going to be pretty disappointing. Then again, perhaps they won't want to rough it in the bog standard away facilties.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If our away support for big games is going to be made up largely of the prawn sandwich munchers, it's going to be pretty disappointing. Then again, perhaps they won't want to rough it in the bog standard away facilties.

If you are talking corporates then you will be spot on. But i'd say that over 50% of 1901's are regular supporters, I know I am! I'm cutting back on my away adventures next year, so that will free up one ticket for someone!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a little concerned by Ken Browns comment:

“The important message to fans is to always quote their fan numbers whenever purchasing tickets for home or away matches.”

How are they awarding points if you have to mention your fan number? Every time I've bought tickets at the ticket office they have needed my name and address. The ticket they print out from this has my fan number on it. Surely, they would be able to automatically add the points on?

Does this mean the points are being collected in some other way and not as an automated part of buying your ticket? Does it mean you can buy tickets without a fan number?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here