Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton introduce loyalty system for away games

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
what happens when someone in 1901 doesnt want to go away and therefore buys a ticket for a friend who has no intention of supporting the albion just wants to goto a big game...
personally i think priority should be similar to what it was to purchase a ST for falmer;
1. STH for 9 years or more

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm a little concerned by Ken Browns comment:

“The important message to fans is to always quote their fan numbers whenever purchasing tickets for home or away matches.”

How are they awarding points if you have to mention your fan number? Every time I've bought tickets at the ticket office they have needed my name and address. The ticket they print out from this has my fan number on it. Surely, they would be able to automatically add the points on?

Does this mean the points are being collected in some other way and not as an automated part of buying your ticket? Does it mean you can buy tickets without a fan number?

What he means is if you POTG at any away game, you won't get any points as they won't have been able to track your attendance.

If you buy a ticket from the BHA in advance you'll get points.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm a little concerned by Ken Browns comment:

“The important message to fans is to always quote their fan numbers whenever purchasing tickets for home or away matches.”

How are they awarding points if you have to mention your fan number? Every time I've bought tickets at the ticket office they have needed my name and address. The ticket they print out from this has my fan number on it. Surely, they would be able to automatically add the points on?

Does this mean the points are being collected in some other way and not as an automated part of buying your ticket? Does it mean you can buy tickets without a fan number?

I usually give my number anyway, it's easier that way.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
what happens when someone in 1901 doesnt want to go away and therefore buys a ticket for a friend who has no intention of supporting the albion just wants to goto a big game...

Fair point. But the same could be said for any supporter who has priority but can't get to an away game that is likely to sell out, they can also pass to a friend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What he means is if you POTG at any away game, you won't get any points as they won't have been able to track your attendance.

If you buy a ticket from the BHA in advance you'll get points.

So would that be a negative? It seems that a lot of away fans prefer to pay on the gate.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Good idea, although frankly you just long for the days when you could queue up and pay on the gate without bollocks like 'fan numbers'.

Also, the 1901 club presumably gets first priority so by the time it gets to normal fans a lot of big away games will be half sold out anyway - that is the real pisstake.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
So as an exile who goes to the few local away games to me, paying on the gate and maybe 2-3 home games if I'm down through the year, but has paid for seagullsworld for the last 5 yrs so I can listern in, my points would be diddly squat??
If thats the case, why pay the £3.99 a month for the last 5yrs to get commentry for a club I've supported for 35 yrs, knowing that I cant get tickets to local games to me now??

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
So as an exile who goes to the few local away games to me, paying on the gate and maybe 2-3 home games if I'm down through the year, but has paid for seagullsworld for the last 5 yrs so I can listern in, my points would be diddly squat??
If thats the case, why pay the £3.99 a month for the last 5yrs to get commentry for a club I've supported for 35 yrs, knowing that I cant get tickets to local games to me now??

Sorry but if people are going to start using Seagulls World subscription as a claim for why they should get big game tickets then we really are sunk. Seagulls World isn't even run by the club is it? Anyway, if you only go to a few local games I doubt you will miss out on tickets for them. We're not going to sell out Championship away games every week, neither is there going to be a problem buying tickets for Walsall, Hudderfield, Notts County etc. if we're still in League One.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Mememe!

I can't see it being a problem unless you happen to live next to Fratton Park. Where do you live?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good idea, although frankly you just long for the days when you could queue up and pay on the gate without bollocks like 'fan numbers'.

Also, the 1901 club presumably gets first priority so by the time it gets to normal fans a lot of big away games will be half sold out anyway - that is the real pisstake.

"Good idea" or "real pisstake"... which is it?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
"Good idea" or "real pisstake"... which is it?

Quite simple - normal fans getting loyalty points is a good idea, the fact that these are then only counted AFTEr 1901ers have their priority is a pisstake.

(although to be fair I haven't actually checked the article so that might not be the case - I bet it is though)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite simple - normal fans getting loyalty points is a good idea, the fact that these are then only counted AFTEr 1901ers have their priority is a pisstake.

(although to be fair I haven't actually checked the article so that might not be the case - I bet it is though)

No specific details have been announced yet.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Can only be a good thing imo, simple means that more of us regulars will be able to go ahead of the newbies!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Worth buying tickets for games even if not attending

Don't have a problem with this. Many clubs use this already

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No specific details have been announced yet.

But they did say to 1901ers that they get away priority so presumably that will still be above the regular fans, no matter how many loyalty points they have (or if anything the very top bracket of point holders).

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
only time will tell on how the points will work but my parents are STH's at Chelsea and their scheme is - LOYALTY SCHEME | Buy Chelsea Tickets | Chelsea Football Club Tickets | Chelsea FC | Chelsea

It works out pretty well, on their scheme STH's only get the loyalty point(s) if they actually go to the match. It works pretty well and I think they start afresh each season so they must have the same issue when a 'big' match occurs early in the season. Note no extra points for the corporate fans and believe me at Chelsea there are numerous different levels of ST status.

References have been made to POTG away games, a little known fact but apparently the club keep 5% of all away ticket sales they make.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
how selfish is that comment !

Its what a lot of Englandfans do. Now you often have to pick your tickets up in the country the games is being played in to stop this.

Unless the 1901 issue really stops the rest of us getting tickets for away games, cant see this being needed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone reffered to it above and I read it the same - Basically I HOPE / ASSUME that ST holders get the same ammount of points on the scheme for attending a home game than someone who just goes every so often.

Can you imagine how silly it would be if say ST holders got 0 points for attending a home game but a non ST holder got 1 point for 'buying' their ticket for a certsin home game!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here