Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m not wailing and gnashing my teeth just yet. We could definitely have played better, but the main difference between the teams is that Spurs are putting their chances away.

If they keep leaving Mitoma all by himself, our forwards will eventually take one of the chances he’s presenting them with.

Light_Bulb

Aug 20, 2024
I don’t understand why we keep trying to run the ball. Surely this system should be about short 1 touch passes.

All I see is our midfield constantly trying to turn their man and run past them.

Would be interested to see if the ‘drivble with ball’ stats match my opinion. Would assume the ‘runs with ball and loses ball’ stat almost identically matches it…

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Feeling a little despondent, I had so much hope for this season but we’re nowhere near good enough at the moment. I hope we can change things.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The fact that we’re blaming two kids rather than our £40m record signing who cost us the opener…
Oh yeah, I was meaning to defend him (and Jack)! Those guys will make mistakes because they are kids basically and neither have even played much PL football in that position. Part of learning the game is making mistakes.

Alex BH

Apr 16, 2013
Rode our luck for a couple of games. This is the real Brighton. Doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season. Haven’t felt any excitement watching this team.
We’ve not look convincingly even in the games we’ve taken points. Everton away, lucky to not be behind before we scored. Man U at home, could’ve easily lost the game. A disallowed goal saved us. Ipswich at home, played well in patches, but never did enough to win. Forest game, again played well in patches, but couldn’t put the game to bed. We look like a lower half team.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The next three halves of football may determine the long term relationship FH has with the fans. It is not about learning, a non league manager could identify our major failing right now. It may be about a refusal to change what he wants to do, which when you are being found out so easily is just suicidal, both for results and your long term career.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We are being outclassed and when we do get chances we are not taking them. Can Spurs keep this pressing up for 90 mins?

Have to give Spurs credit though, their passing is slick and their press is murdering us

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I’m all for giving the new guy time, although I’m not convinced yet, but it baffles me that we offered RDZ no support in January yet spent £200m on players for the new guy who don’t seem intended to improve our first 11.
Feel the same. RDZ was a one off. We should have tried to accommodate him, strengthend in January and allowed him to have some say in signings. Yes, trust the data - but it's not really working so far this season, is it?. I think the club made a massive mistake letting him go. Imagine what he could have achieved with £200m worth of new signings. The closest we'll come to having an 'elite' manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Even Steviewonder can see FFS. For the second week in a row, I've stopped watching. Fab will either change the system or we'll be heading further in the same direction.
The scary thing is we are deeper this week. But we are still getting ripped to shreds. We need to get wieffer up to speed quick.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't be such a drama queen, we're still quality.

It was first poor half - but you need to give credit to the opposition who have been good today.

Defensively, we look so weak and vulnerable. It has cost us. We can't cope with stronger teams like Spurs and Chelsea at the moment.

Sadly for me though, we haven't been as good going forward today so far. We've had a couple of good chances, but they have been few and far between.

The manager is getting it wrong at the moment. He needs to fix this. Defensively first, as that's our major weakness at the moment - he's getting it tactically wrong. We will always be strong in attack as we have so many quality attacking players, although none of them are shining today so far.

I'm a little bit worried, but not panicking. Spurs are stronger than us and they're playing well. I don't think we'll get anything today, but who knows. We need to be more disciplined in defense and braver in attack. If we score an early goal in the 2nd half, then who knows. It's not looking good though.
Calm down, was only a throwaway comment.

Spurs are clearly a good team bang in form, but by f*** have we made it very, very easy for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here