Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Alex BH

Apr 16, 2013
Poor performance. Verbruggen has to save the second goal. Gets a hand to it and with not much power has to be able to palm that away.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I like Baleba, he has a lot of good stuff about him but I think he needs more experience alongside him. He and Jack aren’t there to help each other as passing options etc.
The fact that we’re blaming two kids rather than our £40m record signing who cost us the opener…

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Confidence is a fickle mistress
They still were playing RDZ football to some extent trapping the ball to invite the press now we don’t do that and are trying to pass through a team of players behind the ball.
I said after Chelsea we play a high line for no advantage as it’s often just Welbeck trying to get into the box zero overloads that’s all gone.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Those couple of seasons when we were quite good were fun, weren’t they?

Don't be such a drama queen, we're still quality.

It was first poor half - but you need to give credit to the opposition who have been good today.

Defensively, we look so weak and vulnerable. It has cost us. We can't cope with stronger teams like Spurs and Chelsea at the moment.

Sadly for me though, we haven't been as good going forward today so far. We've had a couple of good chances, but they have been few and far between.

The manager is getting it wrong at the moment. He needs to fix this. Defensively first, as that's our major weakness at the moment - he's getting it tactically wrong. We will always be strong in attack as we have so many quality attacking players, although none of them are shining today so far.

I'm a little bit worried, but not panicking. Spurs are stronger than us and they're playing well. I don't think we'll get anything today, but who knows. We need to be more disciplined in defense and braver in attack. If we score an early goal in the 2nd half, then who knows. It's not looking good though.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I like Baleba, he has a lot of good stuff about him but I think he needs more experience alongside him. He and Jack aren’t there to help each other as passing options etc.
Agree. Baleba's attributes are brilliant but fed up hearing how wonderful he is as his inexperience costs us including penalties. He has been really good though this season.

I'd try Weiffer for Veltman (Jack can go RB)
Maybe even try Ferguson for Welbeck just to give him a bit of time. Plus Danny will probably pull a hamstring if we're not careful.
Then Enciso for Minteh (he'll hurt himself running into yet another opposition player) with Rutter going out wide.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It looks like none of players have met each other before. We look disjointed all over the pitch, can't string any passes together, they just look slow. What has happened?

Spurs players falling over all the time and the spineless ref buying it also doesn't help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here