Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see that they have the third best defence in the league; not surprising after seeing that.

It does seem to occur on a regular basis, that we play absolute shit and don't perform against the teams that are higher up the league.

I don't suppose there's anything in it though ???

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Terrible performace today as others have described. We looked well off the pace- maybe because of a day less to prepare and a derby disappointment? Stephens should have come off at half-time. He had an absolute stinker. Ryan got very lucky twice and looked very shakey. Propper looked tired again and didn't know how to pass to one of our own and when he did it was executed far too slowly. A massive failure all round and gutting. If Tony thinks we will be challenging the top 10 rather than scraping survival he's dreaming. These kind of performances get you relegated. We really could have done with Villa beating the Scummers also. Villa are playing Norwich and Watford next- 6 points likely for them. typical bloody Albion always feck it up when you think progress is being made!Merry farking xmas eveyone!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Webster' performance had me feeling I was back at Priestfield. It was so bad. Defend man. Overthinking everything and doing nothing well. 4 absolute calamitous mistakes. If Duffy doesn't start next then that is terrible man management of him alone let alone Webster.

Stephens - should not have started imo. His performance then was worse than I have ever seen and I am a fan . Potter we don't need a holding player against a counting attacking team at home.

Montoya - we really need a new right back if we want to get better.

Dunk - not a captains performance at all. Poor decisions and not vocal enough on the pitch imo.

Propper- why was he playing right back!? Absolutely should have been in the middle rather than Stephens.

Murray - came on and fouled. When he didn't foul, he gave the ball away. Best ever striker in my time of watching BHA (minus Bobby) but his time has sadly passed. Could say we don't play to his strengths but that was awful.

Maupay - felt sorry for him first half but the teams performance resonated into him and he was as poor as the rest by the end.

Mooy, Burn and Connelly (and Propper) are the only ones who deserve not to be slated.

Potter - surely you know what they are all about. We came out slow, indecisive and at times looked arrogant. By the end lacking confidence. Well done for making early subs but would have brought Duffy on for Webster (he would have won a header for a start) and left Trossard instead of bringing on Murray.

Sheffield United - well played. You make it hard for the opposition. Deserved to win.

Christmas party - did we have one this week. Last night?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely dreadful. Comfortably the worst performance under Potter.

Potter is a brilliant, intelligent manager though and sometimes a game like today can be a good thing in the long run when it confirms a few issues in the manager’s mind. In my mind:

1. Murray shouldn’t feature at all anymore;

2. Burn has been a revelation in many ways for me this season but isn’t the long term left back solution - it’s just not his natural position. Either Bernardo needs to come in or we get someone else;

3. Stephens is nowhere as good as many on here say and he should not be guaranteed a start. There’s no way he should have come back in to start today after Monday night. He’s just a very average defensive midfielder who doesn’t make players around him better like the best defensive midfielders do;

4. We desperately need to sign another attacker, a right back, a left back and ideally another defensive midfielder in January.

Punchbag Stephens, a defensive/sitting midfielder who’s never been in any football team to create. Whilst Gross and Propper went completely AWOL from their roles to create, drive forward, play Maupay and Connolly in on goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Webster' performance had me feeling I was back at Priestfield. It was so bad. Defend man. Overthinking everything and doing nothing well. 4 absolute calamitous mistakes. If Duffy doesn't start next then that is terrible man management of him alone let alone Webster.

Stephens - should not have started imo. His performance then was worse than I have ever seen and I am a fan . Potter we don't need a holding player against a counting attacking team at home.

Dunk - not a captains performance at all. Poor decisions and not vocal enough on the pitch imo.

Propper- why was he playing right back!? Absolutely should have been in the middle rather than Stephens.

Murray - came on and fouled. When he didn't foul, he gave the ball away. Best ever striker in my time of watching BHA (minus Bobby) but his time has sadly passed. Could say we don't play to his strengths but that was awful.

Maupay - felt sorry for him first half but the teams performance resonated into him and he was as poor as the rest by the end.

Mooy, Burn and Connelly (and Propper) are the only ones who deserve not to be slated.

Potter - surely you know what they are all about. We came out slow, indecisive and at times looked arrogant. By the end lacking confidence. Well done for making early subs but would have brought Duffy on for Webster (he would have won a header for a start) and left Trossard instead of bringing on Murray.

Sheffield United - well played. You make it hard for the opposition. Deserved to win.

Bissouma did OK

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France

spot on this

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Albion My Albion wrote:

You deny that we are no better points wise in general?

No.I deny what counts is points on the table.
Football was dog turd under Hughton. You obviously wern't there. I'd gladly take relegation this season. It's what was going to happen if we'd of stuck with Hughton anyway.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think we'll see Duffy in for Webster next time out. Webster hasn't been great for the last few games and today was an absolute shocker. He just didn't know how to deal with that ball over the top - a header was never going to make it back to Ryan.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Absolutely dreadful. Comfortably the worst performance under Potter.

Potter is a brilliant, intelligent manager though and sometimes a game like today can be a good thing in the long run when it confirms a few issues in the manager’s mind. In my mind:

1. Murray shouldn’t feature at all anymore;

2. Burn has been a revelation in many ways for me this season but isn’t the long term left back solution - it’s just not his natural position. Either Bernardo needs to come in or we get someone else;

3. Stephens is nowhere as good as many on here say and he should not be guaranteed a start. There’s no way he should have come back in to start today after Monday night. He’s just a very average defensive midfielder who doesn’t make players around him better like the best defensive midfielders do;

4. We desperately need to sign another attacker, a right back, a left back and ideally another defensive midfielder in January.
Agree with points 1 & 3.

Burn should stay but play in place of Webster.

We are not going to sign 4 players in January!
Agree we need another striker and maybe a right back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here