Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a question as Bissouma got booked for a dive had VAR watched it and decided a penalty what would have happened to his yellow card as as far as I am aware you cannot rescind a yellow card.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just a question as Bissouma got booked for a dive had VAR watched it and decided a penalty what would have happened to his yellow card as as far as I am aware you cannot rescind a yellow card.

1. VAR will have reviewed it.

2. The review would have been quick, as it was such a blatant dive (which is probably why you think it wasn't reviewed).

3. The yellow card would have been taken back. I'm pretty sure there has already been at least one of these this season - Zaha perhaps.

Feb 9, 2019
After todays shambles I fear for us against Spurs. Potter may have a new contract, but if we slide down the table, losing games like today, where we should have gotten something, it will be Harry Potter we need to keep us up. Must win game against Spurs after today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After todays shambles I fear for us against Spurs. Potter may have a new contract, but if we slide down the table, losing games like today, where we should have gotten something, it will be Harry Potter we need to keep us up. Must win game against Spurs after today.

That’s not a must win. A relatively PL cheapo team, away against world class Son, Moura, Kane, etc etc, revitalised, should be an Albion loss.

Any points will be a pleasant shock.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Hasn't Palacefinder General previously identified you as a suspect ?

Word is that you are really Storrington's Eagle ? ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why did we abandon the passing game in the first half?

Or was it just the long passes were poor?

Move on.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why did we abandon the passing game in the first half?

Or was it just the long passes were poor?

Move on.

The passes were there. They just weren't very good.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
MOTD highlights for once matched the real event.

Blades the only team in it, outclassing an oh so weak Albion, Dunk and Webster an awfully slow pairing torn to shreds.

Webster was awful. Couldn't pass or defend. Rather have Duffy. More of an attacking threat too

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Having watched MOTD I think Duffy needs to come back in. Webster gave them an early christmas gift.

Also with Duffy we might be a threat with set pieces cos at the moment we aren't.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Beginning of the season this would have targeted as three points, but as it stands Sheffield United are the fifth best team in England, no shame in losing to them.

They’re clearly miles better than us this season. Giants in mind and body in defence and organisation, supremely confident that they’re better than our likes, even Championship George Baldock played like Andy Robertson, whilst the two Mc’s made Dunk and Webster look slow paced donkeys.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Potter will always play Webster as he is one of his signings, his price justifies the selection so it would seem.
Can't see why one of the best defensive pairings in tbus division was broken up in the first place as our defense was not a problem.
I think Webster is in the wrong position and should play in the midfield.
Duffy and Dunk both have goals in them, the defence priority should be to defend first.
I went to bed at half time and just watched the 2nd half.
Better, but not threatening, Wilder did a job on us with the help of our team.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Duffy doesn’t get intimidated, Webster does. Dunk & Duffy have been the best central defensive partnership in the lower half of the PL for the last 2 seasons, why break them up?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Was already fed up at the result. Doubly fed up having watched MOTD. I can live with losing but defeat when we were utter pants and never showed up is harder to shrug off.

It would seem we are destined for a relegation battle. I don't mean that in a bedwetting sense. It's an even division with little to choose between the clubs in the lower half. The chances are that we'll get to April and still have 6-8 clubs sweating. Sadly, our inability to close out matches has cost us the points that would have made us relatively comfortable. We do need to sort out our home form in the second half of the season or else we might be experiencing collective squeaky bums later on.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good team Sheff U. Did a number on us today. GPott needs to think about playing Shane Duffy; a defender first and foremost and liable to do damage in both boxes. Webster may well be a better footballer but we are currently leaving out the best defensive header of a ball in the PL - and it cost us big time today

Less than 10% saw it coming: http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...core-Predictor-Now-in-its-9th-SEASON-!!/page2

although 25% had their misgivings and had it down for a draw

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good team Sheff U. Did a number on us today. GPott needs to think about playing Shane Duffy; a defender first and foremost and liable to do damage in both boxes. Webster may well be a better footballer but we are currently leaving out the best defensive header of a ball in the PL - and it cost us big time today

Less than 10% saw it coming: http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...core-Predictor-Now-in-its-9th-SEASON-!!/page2

although 25% had their misgivings and had it down for a draw.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huge disappointment tactically, Webster has lost his confidence and playing Propper in defence was plain stupid.

Why was Alzate not used ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here