Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bernardo flatters to deceive sadly.
Ali J running the show but Is he good enough at the higher level?

My answer would be no. As I keep saying, he doesn’t have the attributes to hurt teams in the PL (pace, skill or power). That said, I’m enjoying his effort and nice cross.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Am I the only one frustrated by us atm? We don’t seem to have a lot of fight or desire, and I’m not seeing the free-flowing attacking football that I thought we were getting with Potter. I know we’ve just scored, but it took Portsmouth playing ‘blind pass suicide’ for us to get our goal.

I’m not seeing a lot of difference between CH’s tenure and Potter’s. It also doesn’t seem to matter who manages us or who handles our recruitment, we’re the only team in the world with Premier League money who can’t find a striker.

Connolly needs a season as somebody’s main man in the Championship, Maupay is 10-15 goals a season max, and I have a real fear that Lallana will complete 90 minutes for us about twice a season.

Apologies for my pessimism, but watching this half of football, we seem low-tempo, low-desire, low-energy. I hoped to see more by this stage in ‘Project Potter’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Bernardo has forgotten how to play football. It’s been a surprise that Burn and March have been picked ahead of him but you can see why. As it stands he’s barely a footballer. Despite have absolutely every physical attribute you’d want.

He has lost confidence under Potter, was much better under Hughton. A move suits both parties.

I’m hoping that Spurs’ Sergio Reguilon signing will trigger a number of left back transfers with Bernardo off to the Hammers for big cash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am wondering if these commentators are watching the same game as me. That's the second time a cross to the far post has clearly been missed by Bernardo, and met with a Portsmouth head and gone out for a goal kick and they've acted like Bernardo cleared it. There was also a couple of minutes back where a portsmouth player waiting at the far post waited for the ball. It eventually came to him and all he did was chest it down and they talked about a great bit of skill.

it’s the law, whoever Albion are playing the commentators are gagging for the opposition to score

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bernardo flatters to deceive sadly.
Ali J running the show but Is he good enough at the higher level?

My answer would be no. As I keep saying, he doesn’t have the attributes to hurt teams in the PL (pace, skill or power). That said, I’m enjoying his effort and nice cross.

Harsh, his passes are better and more clever than 90% of the ones our forwards normally make. He may not have pace but he has skill and vision as well as a good shot and cross. He needs game time before we can write him off as a not even a footballer

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The commentary was directly talking about Stephens. Nothing about Propper.

Just need to read the other posts in the discussion.

If our fans are criticising Stephens goal tally from outside the box, it compares favourably to Propper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Haven't read anything else yet.

First half observations. Molumby has an engine, looks half decent.

Bernardo at 9 million. They had our pants down.

Propper pretty anonymous, customary one hospital pass straight to opposition in dangerous position, luckily Pompey player couldn't control it.

Veltman looks class, Steele has a whiff of the Ankergrens, makes me nervous everytime it's near him, fine with feet though.

Alexis Macc playing great, congrats on first goal

Ali J best player on pitch, brilliant passing, movement, shows how good he is against lesser opposition..... Playing great.

Not sure Gykores is the answer thus far.

Potter, it's exciting, it's attacking, but f*** me we're open when we lose ball.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Decent first half, from both teams tbf - Portsmouth will probably do well in League One this season.

Bernardo very unconvincing. Complete chaos when defending, complete shite when attacking.

Ali J looking quite lively, Gross great so far. Not much from Gyökeres yet and could have done better with the chance but at least he was in the right position and got the shot on goal, and he almost interecepted that poor back pass as well. Hope to see more from him in second half.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Harsh, his passes are better and more clever than 90% of the ones our forwards normally make. He may not have pace but he has skill and vision as well as a good shot and cross. He needs game time before we can write him off as a not even a footballer

I agree. I think sometimes his passes are too good for some of our players and they just aren’t on the same wavelength. He would look like a world beater in the Barca team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here