Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The right flank looked like a trouble spot before the match. More so now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
f***ing hate Gibbs-White, grizzling little rat boy

Clever play to get that penalty , saw baleba running after the ball and stepped in front of him.
Sadly there’s a two way trade there, if one was clever . . .

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Everyone raving about Baleba but he is not a clever footballer. He's pretty thick as well as being inexperienced. Massive potential but an idiot there. Crowd going wooahh as he does a nice turn on the half way. Not even needed as he could have side footed to a teammate.

What was JPVH doing there. Him and Pervis. Ridiculous. So disappointing.

I really hope Hurzelars changes our mindset. We are sloppy and get ahead of ourselves after a point at Arsenal. Fans and players alike. Was hoping we could 'challenge the establishment' like FH said when he joined. That won't happen until everything is more bedded in.

Lets hope we get back in this after the penalty. My best hope was 1-1 this morning. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s soft but Baleba has shoved him over without trying at all to get the ball himself, so I think it’s probably right.
Yep - soft pen and just inexperience on Baleba’s part so you can’t really blame him but it‘s not worth challenging players in the penalty area like that in the hope you’ll get away with it. Because Brighton rarely do ☹️

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The right flank looked like a trouble spot before the match. More so now.
You’re always going to have this issue when you have such a defensive full back like Veltman there. He’s class defensively but offers absolutely nothing going forward. It limits the attacking options unfortunately.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Friends watching on tv said pundits said no way a pen.
Not on Sky. Replay suggests Baleba gave him a firm barge in the midriff. There is a gut feeling with these things and I was worried we might be in bother. It was 'umpire's call' when it went upstairs

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Nobody was really kicked but you could see Baleba shift his weight deliberately to push him over. It was intentional and just a bit daft, one of those things that may not be given at other times and I think a bit soft but not that you could say it was def wrong.
Their player kicked Baleba and then fell over. Harry Kaneesq. Ref falls for it. VAR useless.

Casper18

May 1, 2024
Absolutely shocking miss from Chris Wood. Lucky for him the offside call saved his blushes. We look vulnerable on the counter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here