Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Stonewall penalty...no issue with that. But 5 minutes added, sure add an extra minute for our celebration but that seemed harsh to let them take the corner.

so just kick a ball against a players hand two feet away and it is a pen ...flash backs to the womens world cup this is going to be a fun season

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What should be being discussed is the ridiculous added time issue.

We scored with about 15 seconds left of the match. They are then permitted to carry out their attack on us which would have been galling enough had they scored from it. It goes off for a corner, no way should they have been allowed to take it.

Absolutely sickening.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just watched back injury time. There definitely wasn't enough additional time left to take the corner. The ref has mugged us by doing the usual thing of never blowing the whistle when a team's on the attack. He should have blown before the corner was given. Cheated and not a word spoken in the coverage.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Yes you can go back. I’ve just had this conversation with my outraged teenaged son who I swear wanted to stove in the telly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But couldn't, because you'd already launched it out the window?

No one would blame you.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Referee is a disgrace. Big 6 ref all the way. Why did he play on for 2 more minutes after the equaliser. Shouldn’t have let the corner be taken. He knew it and that’s why he blew after March’s clearance.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can't put your arms out like that in the box. It's a handball, simple as that.

It's f**king sickening but we have to be realistic. It was a great performance let down by defensive mistakes. I wouldn't even say it was poor finishing that let us down, when you that hit the woodwork it's an inch away from a great finish - at this level you usually need it in the postage stamp to beat the keeper.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted, the ref needs investigating

How did the game get to 97 mins when there was 5 mins of added time?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Kavanagh epitomises why I am falling out of love with football.

I actually wish Man Utd would fvck off and create their super league.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
chris kavanagh ....from MANCHESTER .....:wozza:......so for a game of us v them they couldn't find a ref that wasn't from manchester ......this needs some serious looking at chaps , this is just WRONG.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Referee is a disgrace. Big 6 ref all the way. Why did he play on for 2 more minutes after the equaliser. Shouldn’t have let the corner be taken. He knew it and that’s why he blew after March’s clearance.

This this this.

And why is BT not even mentioning this? Utter cheats.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
and this from the Guardian - I’ve just watched the build-up to United’s winner again. It’s hard to be sure without a slow-motion replay, but it looks like the ball was out of play before van de Beek won the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here