Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Owen Hargreaves just said we need to find a away to get something out if these performances. We deserved something against both Chelsea and Man U.

This team is in the brink of something special.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Andy Gray saying foul on Shaw same as pen shout for Connolly. No wonder no English refs at the World Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Why were they taking a corner in the 97th minute when there was 5 added on?

Damn straight! The correct thing to do would have been to blow the whistle straight after the kick off but it's United so they've got to be given a little extra extra time to pull things around.

Of course, we should have been capable of keeping them at bay for a minute or two but...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
???

[tweet]1309851940495544320[/tweet]

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I really hope this is not one of those season where we play brilliant football and not get the results.

After being so close to winning or getting a draw, leaving with nothing is emotionally draining.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Andy Gray saying foul on Shaw same as pen shout for Connolly. No wonder no English refs at the World Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So many fouls just as bad as Connolly's shout.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
and this from the Guardian - I’ve just watched the build-up to United’s winner again. It’s hard to be sure without a slow-motion replay, but it looks like the ball was out of play before van de Beek won the corner.

It wasn’t........already had a look at that on TV.

It’s the time of the corner that’s pissing me off. Final whistle should’ve gone.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Absolutely loved that game, had it all except a red card. We lost, don't care as this is the way to play football. Oh the drama. We will absolutely smash someone soon. Oh, sorry Newcastle, we already did.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Rob Smyth on the Guardian feed:

GOAL! Brighton 2-2 Man Utd (March 90+5)
Solly March has equalised in the last minute of injury time!

90+7 min Maguire’s header is cleared off the line by March - but they are checking for handball and there’s a bit of a ruck. The final whistle has gone but I think we’re going to have a United penalty!

Full time: Brighton 2-3 Man Utd
That was a bonkers game of football. Some of the Brighton players, Lallana certainly, are effing and jeffing at the referee Chris Kavanagh as he leaves the field. I’m not sure why - Brighton were desperately unlucky, having hit the woodwork five times, but I don’t think they were robbed.

No Rob. There's obviously no way that awarding someone a corner that leads to a penalty two minutes after the last minute of the game is a robbery.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Me for the rest of the day.
7ae3b-steam2bcoming2bout2bof2bears2bsmiley2bcopy.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed

But

Every player knows the current laws of the game - why wave your hand at the ball knowing if it touches the ball you’re giving a penalty away?

He wasn’t waving his arm. He was only a couple of feet away, and you try a standing jump without moving your arms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here