Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can we use VAR for the ref playing more time than he's allowed to perhaps?
Or not giving Dunk a free at their goal. To add insult to injury they gave him an own goal.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why did the ref add an extra two minutes after March's goal? There were 30 secs left when he scored. Only 30 secs extra needed to be played.

If we are going to have VAR to examine every possible infrinegement, surely it can be used to tell the ref when time is up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It would have been easier to just get turned over and lose 3 - 0.

I know it's gutting, but in many ways I just don't care about the result.

That performance was outstanding, I am bursting with pride.

The lads need to keep their heads up, not let this get to them. I'm sure Potter will get them together in the dressingroom and let them know that today was far far from a failure.

Take the positives, of which there were so many.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
FFS the ball was still on target, the hand didn't stop a goal.. All football pundits find this law ridiculous.

Agreed

But

Every player knows the current laws of the game - why wave your hand at the ball knowing if it touches the ball you’re giving a penalty away?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Forgetting the completely unjustified extra 3 minutes on the 5 injury time...... What are laws of ref ending a game. Then restarting it? Is that even allowed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve no idea how that was allowed to carry on for that long. Stonewall pen but in double Fergie time. Big team bias again from the officials.

However, more composure in front of goal and we win. More concentration from the corner and we draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Why was the corner taken when time was well over six minutes?
The flight of the ball didn’t deflect when it ‘supposedly hit Maupay’s arm’.

Solly must be gutted!

Supposedly? 100% a penalty in today’s game. Just not sure why the game ran on that far.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Great game.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If there are 20 seconds left when we score you DO NOT add 90 seconds. He played on way over those 20 seconds. Cheat. Plain and simple.

Exactly. There was way more than 20 seconds play allowed from the restart. Total ****ing joke. The whistle should have gone before they took their corner.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I’d like to see the bit of play when they got the corner, looked like their player ran the ball of the pitch before kicking it back in resulting in the corner. Shambles all round

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
CORRUPTION.

95 mins. 5 min injury timw.

HOW THE **** IS IT ALLOWED THEY HAD A CORNER IN THE 97th MINUTE???

And why is no one saying this on BT? WTF?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
At times like this.

CHIN UP LADS.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Football’s dead.

What absolute cheats. Obvious bias by officials. Absolutely had to blow the final whistle at the United throw, but because it’s them let’s them take a corner. Blows FINAL WHISTLE FFS, but still goes back to VAR. Bullshit.

Why the hell was Maypay left with Maguire!? We’re a bit ****ing stupid as welll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here