Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Chill out people we gave them a 2 goal start last season we are just testing ourselves

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately you're right, was surprising to see and not surprising to see them take advantage.

GP did this is season one, Guardiola became his best friend with cricket scores and patronising praise on how we played football in the right spirit.

Footballers I’ve chatted with over the years say there’s one constant. From the first minute you need battling qualities in your sound defensive set up (which includes DM).

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We have been great defensively up to this game. So he drops Duffy. Why?!?!
Biss and Lamps and Webster on the bench. Poor starting 11. Gross against City? Not for me.
Touch of reality for us.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Assume Biss was not in the starting XI not due to injury but due to 'the other matter'? In which case, why have him on the bench?

D

Deleted member 2719

M. City press the ball so well, when they are like this they are unplayable. Would put Lamptey and Bissouma on now to get match fitness

I agree, I think he will do something immediately or within 10 mins and that would be a good start.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
That’s Potters mistake Lallana & Gross struggled against Norwich Macalister should be playing.
I'm not sure Macalister would make much difference here. We're missing a DM to take the ball out of defence and transition, Ali Mac isn't that player.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We've got a mountain to climb if we are to get the three points we need for our challenge for the title.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Have our players forgotten that they are meant to pass to players on their OWN team ?
Easy to say but this City team are brilliant at pressing. We have tried to play our football but haven’t had the dynamism necessary due to Webster and Bissouma being missing. Thing is we play our way which is an expansive style and you have to get that absolutely right against City or they can pick you off. Or you can go Dyche/ Hughton on them and play 11 behind the ball all game to keep the score down. At least we are continuing with the way we play, even though we haven’t got it right today I’d prefer this than sticking the white flag up at the kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here