Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some Bizzare decisions.

The slowest centre midfield possible and March marking grealish.

We are joint third lowest scorers in the league. And only played one of the top 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's had a decent game apart from dropping the ball for the first goal.

Reminds me of Steve Coogan sketch with the swimming pool inspector “in 1985 nobody died, in 1986 nobody died, in 1987 no one died, in 1988 somebody died ….”

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
When Liverpool play Citeh, the CB’s and Fabinho stay back the entire game bar set pieces.

When Chelsea play Citeh or Liverpool, the CB’s and Jorgingo/Kante stay in position.

What makes us so special to send 10 players upfield? Arrogance or just footballing illiteracy?

Unfortunately you're right, was surprising to see and not surprising to see them take advantage.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
With hindsight - I think GP has got the team wrong.

We need some Duffy-like blood and guts defending.

Yes - of course City have been good. But the first and third goals were our defensive mistakes. Our defence is all over the shop and from my seat in the Lower West Grealish seems to have acres of space every time he gets the ball.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's amazing how quickly they punish our mistakes. Clinical.
We are being given a lesson here.
Hope we learn from it.

The only thing we can learn is that we need another £200m worth of players on the pitch to be competitive in this. The delights of the top heavy Premier League.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bit too greedy after the first goal, creating a lot of opportunities where they can 1v1 or 2v2 which is... not a good thing against these.

The good thing, I suppose, about the game being dead at half time is that you can give a few players (like Lamptey) some needed minutes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only real difference between last week and today is the speed and clinical finishing of the opposition.......much the same from us.

We're missing Biss in the middle so badly.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No decent defensive coverage in midfield. We are really missing Bissouma there. Gross totally out of the game due to his lack of pace, Lallana better but can’t do it all on his own. Get Bissouma on second half or if we ‘can’t’ then at least try Mwepu as he does have pace.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He was fouled

He wasn't though was he? Should've punched it.

That first half mostly shows the difference between having Bissouma sitting in midfield Vs having gross and lallana in midfield. Slow.

(Although Lallana has been great, don't get me wrong.)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately you're right, was surprising to see and not surprising to see them take advantage.

you can keep two CBs in your own half but they still have to be able to run and tackle....

the issue is midfield - Gross , March not doing enough and the mistakes have not helped.

But let's be clear City just move so quickly and we are ponderously slow....

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This so far is the result of playing a team worth near enough a billion quid in player value.... and in top form.

NSC is incredibly obtuse when things aren't going our way - but when you play a side like this, in blistering form - they're the first to every ball, they will punish every mistake. They will not allow us to play. They simply have world class in every position and on the bench, they're in form and full of confidence.

We never stood a chance. Best we can hope for in the 2nd half is conceding fewer goals than the first half imo.

No sorry.

If you make the defensive mistakes we’ve made here, you will lose to any half decent team.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have our players forgotten that they are meant to pass to players on their OWN team ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here