Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm surprised by all the comments stating the first half was so bad.

I haven't seen too many of the earlier games this season but the ones I have seen they played the same way. I didn't think it was a poor first half. I thought they had a real go at City. That's the way that Potter has been encouraged to play. He is very brave in the way that he plays. That's what the fans were crying out for to " have a go at everyone, what is there to lose "

Playing that way comes with risk. However from what I have seen so far this season. When Brighton have lost possession in attack, they have been very quick to get back and cover. Yesterday was just so different because City are so good and so quick on the counter attack that no matter how quickly you get back into shape it wasn't quick enough.

Overall I thought it was a good performance and other side's wouldn't be able to counter any mistakes like City did.

I think you just chalk it down to the fact that City were absolutely brilliant and you won't come up against many sides as good as they are.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I haven't seen too many of the earlier games this season but the ones I have seen they played the same way. I didn't think it was a poor first half. I thought they had a real go at City. That's the way that Potter has been encouraged to play. He is very brave in the way that he plays. That's what the fans were crying out for to " have a go at everyone, what is there to lose "

Playing that way comes with risk. However from what I have seen so far this season. When Brighton have lost possession in attack, they have been very quick to get back and cover. Yesterday was just so different because City are so good and so quick on the counter attack that no matter how quickly you get back into shape it wasn't quick enough.

Overall I thought it was a good performance and other side's wouldn't be able to counter any mistakes like City did.

I think you just chalk it down to the fact that City were absolutely brilliant and you won't come up against many sides as good as they are.

Very true, we weren’t bad we were just outplayed in the first half.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Very true, we weren’t bad we were just outplayed in the first half.

Yes. And I wouldn’t read too much into the second half either; City had the 3 points wrapped up inside 31 minutes and it was clear they played the second half in 2nd gear.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Time for Gross be dropped . Set pieces appalling over last four games , too slow , no presence when played alongside lallana in midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
B91C4273-4C6A-453C-AF3B-2A1CD4C59981.jpeg

Completely forgot about this, outside bar yesterday Must have been for a bet.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In hindsight didnt need Duffy or Burn and think Veltman and Dunk ok at Liverpool.
Just a shame we made it so easy for City in 1st half by giving ball away so often. Sorry to pick it out but one pass from Burn to City central midfielder was unbelievable. At least with Dunk and Cucrella mistakes knew who they were aiming for

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh well.... that’s football, win some- lose some.
Despite my contempt for their club, I must agree that the City team were good value for their win.
Truth is we have not played well in the last two or three games , until second half yesterday. The addition of Lamptey and Mwepu seemed to make a difference.
Beats me how we are still fourth , and a worst case after today would put us sixth. Unbelievable!
Could have been 8th. - United, Spurs, Wet Sham and Brentford could all have overtaken us. Good set of results for us today in the end - remarkable that we've gone four games without a win and have only dropped one place in the last few rounds!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

The Sanchez drop was the catalyst. We needed to get to 20 minutes without conceding. Against anyone outside of City, Liverpool & Chelsea we get a foothold. Great second half but we still couldn’t put the ball in the net. As GPott said “We are not competing against City.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here