Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ooh, the miserbalists are out in force tonight!

Yup, the whole "we should beat United & City eaaasily" gang is here. But it'll be more balanced after the game when the people sensible enough (I'm new but slowly learning the mechanics) to stay out of the match threads get back.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Does it make me a bad fan that I’ve turned it off to watch something else? It’s just painful, it’s one of those games when you’re actually at the game you just want it to be over so you can go home and then you probably get drenched on the way home just to compound the misery.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We again are too nice we need to put them on their arses. Propper Gross Mooy are pussies. Not sure we committed one foul that’s shite against the battering we’re taking. FFS get nasty in midfield you tarts break their game up

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Just shows how important getting the 7 points we did before these 2 games were. Not so much pressure on results today!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Tough ask but even so Connelly offers no threat does he. Offside runs a plenty. Montoya is so meh and passive. Propper is a liability in these games and loses the ball far too much. Bissouma has been excellent. Bernardo so asleep for the second. Ryan should have got much closer to their first. Our corner are so SHIT. Every City corner has been dangerous yet surely we're the taller team. Has been like this all season. We need to badly work on our corners.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's grim, watching us against the top teams - time and time again. Unbelievably grim.

There really is an inevitability about when we'll concede, not if. We can't keep any of them out for long, indeed it really does beg the question about progress... are we really any better than we were, or just different in our approach to defeat?

We simply and clearly, just don't believe.

Are we much Better under Potter? It’s a central NSC Debate.
Judge it on points, and The answer is marginally.
Judge it on aesthetics, and it is a big change.
My theory is Potter is cut a lot of slack on NSC because it got SO bad towards the end under Hughton. Forgive the random analogy, but It’s a bit like when The Force Awakens Star Wars film was released. People are just relieved the game experience different to what came before.
Imho, we will see More football next season that is both effective and pleasing on the eye. But so far, it’s been modest improvements under Potter.
Albion fans have been more patient than others might have been.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Does it make me a bad fan that I’ve turned it off to watch something else? It’s just painful, it’s one of those games when you’re actually at the game you just want it to be over so you can go home and then you probably get drenched on the way home just to compound the misery.

This is the promised land

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I am overall a Propper fan but he has been very poor tonight. Get him off and give Stephens the second half.

Give Ali J a run out and rest Trossard. I would also throw Murray on and give their centre half’s a different problem as Connolly is having no impact.

We are also missing Burns presence at corners.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm getting really pissed off with that melt commentating, I'm sure he's going to hold up a hand written note soon, asking for a manc shirt.
Yes there's a gulf in class, but we didn't dish out 'incentives' to attract mercenaries.
OMG, the mancs really get my goat up for some reason......I wish somebody would just kick somebody, anybody!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ffs, we are shit tonight

You seem surprised.

Other than the FAC semi, Guardiola (and now Solskjaer) simply love playing Brighton. Whether it be CH or GP we are a soft touch, and haven’t got that crafty game defending in a frustrating deep block, allied to two or three pacey top flight game changers to steal a win. Other non-monied clubs have shown exactly how to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here