Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm sure the bookies will have Brighton still odds against for relegation, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are 8 worse goals against and 7 worse goals for in the PL so far.
Today we had 24 attempts on goal and they had only 3 on target. That, to me, isn’t a disgrace - it’s about what I would expect with a club aspiring to get to mid table.
The only problem we have is beating the goalkeeper. Maupay with seven and own goals as second highest scorer says it all. We create but don’t score. If we are lucky to survive this season then the boat needs pushing out.

The only stat I ever care about is the score. Goals are everything.

Powder puff shot into defenders 20 yards out or Bissouma doing a Jonny Wilkinson every game into row Z skew attempts stats.

We’re in deep shit.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
There are 8 worse goals against and 7 worse goals for in the PL so far.
Today we had 24 attempts on goal and they had only 3 on target. That, to me, isn’t a disgrace - it’s about what I would expect with a club aspiring to get to mid table.
The only problem we have is beating the goalkeeper. Maupay with seven and own goals as second highest scorer says it all. We create but don’t score. If we are lucky to survive this season then the boat needs pushing out.
I think one of our biggest problems is our painfully slow build up. It's virtually impossible to catch teams on the break when we win the ball in midfield and instead of powering forward, we pass back to Dunk or Webster. Silky Dave particularly guilty of this heinous crime

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
There are always unexpected results at the business end of the season....we might get a couple of wins, it's not over yet but I wouldn't bet against us going down now.

Us winning today was an unexpected result, and that shows how perilous our situation is. We are playing ok, we aren’t taking our chances so something has to change there. I’ll give Maups the benefit of doubt, but could do with some work on the training ground. Really needs to have a set of strong individual performances to finish the season if we have any hope of staying the in PL.

boik

So all you people screaming as usual for Potters head. Do you seriously, genuinely believe another manager would have us creating more than 24 shots with 8 on target? That's more than most teams win matches with.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Absolutely gutted.

I think relegation is a probability now. Haven't got the energy to cheer on other teams when we can't score in a brothel. Do we deserve to stay up? I'm not sure. Aaron Mooy and Solly March must be so frustrated with the chances created. Maupay is gash. That bizarre incident when he got in the way of a goalbound effort summed it all up.

That's ruined so many things, mostly the weekend. Numb with disappointment.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
so many chances created but we seem to be obsessed with the idea that the only way to score is via a header - but all the (non-corner) crosses are slow loopers that you are never going to generate any pace off of - too easy to just shout 'Potter out' when there are so many players underperforming.

What? Many of the players that everyone said Hughton couldn’t get the best out of. Many of us claimed the squad seriously lacked quality last year. But no it was all Hughtons fault. Potter has had money spent on the squad and we are no better, my vote is Potter the tinker us not up to it

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Home

home.JPG

Away

away.JPG

Astonishing stats really - but only 1 point.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think one of our biggest problems is our painfully slow build up. It's virtually impossible to catch teams on the break when we win the ball in midfield and instead of powering forward, we pass back to Dunk or Webster. Silky Dave particularly guilty of this heinous crime

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Absolutely this.

There’s no point playing this kind of possession football at the pace we do. The last 10 minutes were terrible to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So all you people screaming as usual for Potters head. Do you seriously, genuinely believe another manager would have us creating more than 24 shots with 8 on target? That's more than most teams win matches with.

Look at his record! Forget 8 shots on target with no goals. He doesn’t win matches, he changes the team every game. He drops players for weeks and then puts them in the starting line up. The football is turgid! It’s too late to change him now, give him the chance to keep us upbut when he takes us down show him the door!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Without stating the obvious our conversion rate will probably ensure relegation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here