Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Too much standing about and not enough movement from the midfield upwards, been saying it for weeks is the give and go not a thing anymore

Not the managers fault, we dominated and couldn’t finish.

I’d have them all in tomorrow, seems they need a bollocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We're currently four points clear of the relegation zone.

We have to hope Bournemouth, Villa, West Ham and Watford all lose.

The fixtures are:

Bournemouth vs Chelsea
Aston Villa vs Sheffield Utd (postponed)
West Ham vs Southampton
Watford vs Liverpool

There is a good chance that despite our players incompetence and squandering chances and throwing away a game against a weak team, we can survive another weekend with our lead intact.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Too much standing about and not enough movement from the midfield upwards, been saying it for weeks is the give and go not a thing anymore

yes.......i'm not sure if bollocking is Potters m.o but the team do need one i'm afraid.......some a lot more than others , we all just watched the game so i'm not mentioning names,

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

We give it but don’t go

boik

Look at his record! Forget 8 shots on target with no goals. He doesn’t win matches, he changes the team every game. He drops players for weeks and then puts them in the starting line up. The football is turgid! It’s too late to change him now, give him the chance to keep us upbut when he takes us down show him the door!

You're just focusing on the manager though because you don't like him. With any kind of clinical striker this terrible manager would easily be troubling the top half. If you just keep sacking the manager you will never build anything. I'd rather stick with him rather than go down the Watford or Palace route. You don't like him. We'll have to agree to differ.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The fixtures are:

Bournemouth vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Southampton
Watford vs Liverpool

There is a good chance that despite our players incompetence and squandering chances and throwing away a game against a weak team, we can survive another weekend with our lead intact.

Nope, guaranteed Liverpool will lose their first game today.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

The fixtures are:

Bournemouth vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Southampton
Watford vs Liverpool

Unfortunately it’s about our chances of getting a further 10-12 points and Palace at home must have been one of our better ones. Over the past 6 games we’ve blown other good ones. No win so far in 2020 is pretty revealing. Not looking good for us.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You're just focusing on the manager though because you don't like him. With any kind of clinical striker this terrible manager would easily be troubling the top half. If you just keep sacking the manager you will never build anything. I'd rather stick with him rather than go down the Watford or Palace route. You don't like him. We'll have to agree to differ.

Ashworth is to blame, he’s the conduit between the front line and Bloom.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Knockaert is better more often, and more up for the fight than Trossard. Andone maybe a dick but he's a goalscorer we need. Other clubs manage idiots, we can't and send them away

It's easy to question the 'no dickheads' policy when we lose to teams full of them. (And I do.).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So all you people screaming as usual for Potters head. Do you seriously, genuinely believe another manager would have us creating more than 24 shots with 8 on target? That's more than most teams win matches with.

How many points did that win us?
How many of those shots stood a chance of going in?

I remember the days of dominating games under Poyet and complete inability to score, unless Kaz did something.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

It’s nothing to do with like him. His record speaks for itself! Re strikers, isn’t he the man in charge? He couldn’t handle Andone so shipped him out, and didn’t replace him. He didn’t bring in anyone in January. Sorry it’s nothing about liking him he is just not up to the job. No point sacking him now as too late!

Just heard his interview and apparently he is not worried! Same interview after every game for the last 8-9 games.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

The fixtures are:

Bournemouth vs Chelsea
West Ham vs Southampton
Watford vs Liverpool

I'm so sick of this - not your post by the way mate. Just the fact we've got to cheer on Stains, Scousers and Chelski AGAIN. Last season papered over the cracks because Cardiff's bottle went in some tough fixtures near the end. We're just SEVEN points off the bottom. Pathetic compared to the money spent by us and Norwich, who stuck loyally with their promoted stars.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
The fact that March has worked his way back into the starting 11 shows how far our quality has fallen. Potter is not getting the most out of many of these players. I think we are heading for relegation as I can’t see more than 6 points between now and the seasons end.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
It’s nothing to do with like him. His record speaks for itself! Re strikers, isn’t he the man in charge? He couldn’t handle Andone so shipped him out, and didn’t replace him. He didn’t bring in anyone in January. Sorry it’s nothing about liking him he is just not up to the job. No point sacking him now as too late!

Just heard his interview and apparently he is not worried! Same interview after every game for the last 8-9 games.
He's probably put a massive bet on us getting relegated

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
We’re just not dangerous enough and haven’t been since we got into the PL. When Maupay plays up front on his own there’s an understandable reluctance to deliver early crosses. Playing Murray up front on his own doesn’t work because of his lack of mobility. For me, we’ve got to go two up top for the rest of the season. I believe that we’ve got enough quality on our day, but too many players are inconsistent.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Of all the team to lose at home to . . . Just not good enough in putting away our chances.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ashworth is to blame, he’s the conduit between the front line and Bloom.

6 PL transfer windows, £200m spent and NO:

1. Quality CF
2. RB who can defend for 90 minutes.
3. A lack of power in all midfield positions other than stalwart DS.
3. A plethora of wingers who seem more off form than in form when it comes to assists/goals.
5. A complete dearth of goals from Propper and all other ACM’s. Gross was quality season 1, but seems to have lost all form.

The recruitment problems predate Ashworth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here