Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
MATE...!! Potter isn't on the pitch...!! If Maupay and March take their chances we win 4-1....ffs.......there were some glaring inadequacy from quite a few players who just basically didn't show the minerals to be up for the fight against our historic rivals albeit that we are now slowly getting sucked into a relegation battle again.......40 million euros worth of strikers out on loan ffs and the one that we have had an off day to top all off days.......all that bollocks on the pre match write up on bbd about palaces dressing room being soiled which inspired zaha to a match winning performance a few years ago .......they didn't mention it turned out to be their own coach driver ffs........absolute cvnt of a weekend as far as football goes and for all those who like a chortle at LEEDS......if they come up they will more than likely emulate what shelf utd have done .....huge support home and away .Shrewd manager and some very talented players who are prepared to run through walls for him......and that is what we are missing.

not sure if you agree with me or disagree. agree the manager was not on the pitch but in reality he should be in the players minds with them thinking about the coaching encouragement mixed with a bit of fear a la Brian Clough. A lot of those players did not seem to care. You mention Leeds and their best player (possibly) is Ben White , why did he not come back to help with a team that leaks silly goals.

boik

not sure if you agree with me or disagree. agree the manager was not on the pitch but in reality he should be in the players minds with them thinking about the coaching encouragement mixed with a bit of fear a la Brian Clough. A lot of those players did not seem to care. You mention Leeds and their best player (possibly) is Ben White , why did he not come back to help with a team that leaks silly goals.

And yet again, someone who isn't in the team is held up tp be our saviour. He hasn't played one minute of PL football. I hope he turns out to be fabulous, but there is not a shred of evidence that he is any better than what we have.

I realise that people are hurting, but there's a lot of desperation on here. These are the same players that beat Spurs, Arsenal and came back well against Chelsea. Keep bringing in players just because they weren't part of the latest defeat is not the way forward.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You had some good chances, but so did we.
Benteke in the 3rd minute, where he could have took it down, Cahill with the downwards header, and Wilf with 2 at the other end.
Anyone can play the “what if” game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
MATE...!! Potter isn't on the pitch...!! If Maupay and March take their chances we win 4-1....ffs.......there were some glaring inadequacy from quite a few players who just basically didn't show the minerals to be up for the fight against our historic rivals albeit that we are now slowly getting sucked into a relegation battle again.......40 million euros worth of strikers out on loan ffs and the one that we have had an off day to top all off days.......all that bollocks on the pre match write up on bbd about palaces dressing room being soiled which inspired zaha to a match winning performance a few years ago .......they didn't mention it turned out to be their own coach driver ffs........absolute cvnt of a weekend as far as football goes and for all those who like a chortle at LEEDS......if they come up they will more than likely emulate what shelf utd have done .....huge support home and away .Shrewd manager and some very talented players who are prepared to run through walls for him......and that is what we are missing.

No, we're in it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And yet again, someone who isn't in the team is held up tp be our saviour. He hasn't played one minute of PL football. I hope he turns out to be fabulous, but there is not a shred of evidence that he is any better than what we have.

Not sure I said he was the saviour but we will never know now. The irony of your comment is that we spent £20 million on a championship player who walked straight into our team as it was assumed he could do a job yet we have some one on loan who is getting better reviews than £20 million Webster did last year and you think there is no chance he will deliver and it would have cost us nothing. It might have also derailed Leeds rush to the PL where they will be a threat to us.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Benteke in the 3rd minute, where he could have took it down, Cahill with the downwards header, and Wilf with 2 at the other end.

Ooh I'll play

What if you got a life and realised that posting thousands of times on a rival's message board is pointless because no-one gives a rat's arse on here what you think?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I think you rode your luck at times but were not outclassed and sat in and took your chance then killed the game which is something we have failed to do a lot this season. As a playing style and squad I think it’s one of the worst you have had for a long time yet seems to be one that grinds out points so there is something there.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ooh I'll play

What if you got a life and realised that posting thousands of times on a rival's message board is pointless because no-one gives a rat's arse on here what you think?

With all due respect, the post was factual and accurate.

Which puts it in the top 5% according to my 20+ years of posting and reading twaddle bollocks and bilious Shyte

And a small percentage of silky quality.

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don't know if it's been mentioned on here anywhere but watching the build up to the match, the camera zoomed in to a young Brighton fan holding up a sign.
I can't remember the exact words but it was along the lines of 'Zaha please don't give me your shirt - nobody wants it'.
Had to laugh

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One for the Grammar police

of hit.jpg

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I just watched the highlights again, bloody criminal we didn't score.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I just watched the highlights again, bloody criminal we didn't score.

I watched the whole game again, yesterday afternoon. I don't normally, but it actually helped! I completely understand that statistics aren't the whole story and that there is only "one statistic that matters", but listening to the commentary, the "punditry" (yes it was Crouchy and Joe Cole!). I don't get the frustration at GP specifically - your team has good possession, gets more shots off than we have ever seen before in the PL and amongst the half-chances, longer range shots there are 3 gilt-edged moments that you would normally expect to have scored - one flowing move, one set-piece and one fortunate deflection into our player's path. Had we scored, We may still have conceded one, but the comments claiming we have no passion, no heart, no clue , not trying are simply ludicrous..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here