Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Decent performance from most today. Very unlucky.

Very disappointing result. Hard to take. We were the better team again.

The biggest failure of the season was our failure to sign a striker. We would be comfortable if we had an outlet in the opposition box.

Oh, stop talking sense. people need a scapegoat.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Can’t work out if it’s primarily the players or the manager at fault.
It’s too late to sack potter now.
If we don’t find a higher gear than we have shown so far this season we are definitely down.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
so many chances created but we seem to be obsessed with the idea that the only way to score is via a header - but all the (non-corner) crosses are slow loopers that you are never going to generate any pace off of - too easy to just shout 'Potter out' when there are so many players underperforming.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ah well.... Another damp squib, another seemingly astonishing set of stats whereupon if you read them you’d be thinking g 2/3-1/0 with ease, yet here we are (again.)

I suspect we’ll stick with GP regardless as the board and TB have gone all in - we’re in trouble though. Big trouble, but as I always say, it’s only a game and we’ll probably produce a ridiculous result during the run in... if indeed the season finishes at all!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Positives from today:

1. We created some great chances
2. We are not relegated yet
3. Zaha did not score
4. The Greyhound's Man of the Match cameo

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Why the f*ck was Mooy, who's been consistently out of form for weeks, playing for the full 90 mins?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pathetic.

We look so predictable, weak and easy to play against. Spring 2019 all over again. Southern softies.

Replying in good faith, can you see why I like Stephens in the team? Power, muscle, positional discipline, bite.

To play all the weak, short midfielders and strikers at once, has its disadvantages. So often brushed of the ball by better athletes.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Fair enough from Palace, came to defend and counter and it (somehow) worked. No confidence is being shown in this team though and Montoya shouldn't be playing in the premier league, he is so negative and our formation gets him into so much room sometimes but he wastes it and he can't take any one on. We've not had ANY wins from the 'good' set of games and now we have to face better teams. Not optimistic but I do know that Villa, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford etc are worse than us.

I'll just edit this to say that Potter is doing a good job and it's his first season. I don't understand some of his choices (AJ should be in the team or subbed a lot earlier in games like this) but we dominated that game, players are letting us down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How the **** have that pile of shite taken four points of us this season? Jesus ****ing christ.

I think the worst thing about today is just how unable we are to keep a clean sheet. That was the least threatening forward line we've faced all season and probably will be next year too(regardless of division) yet they still managed to score.

Very disappointing.

Could have been so different but we just misfired in front of goal. Too many wasted chances/poor shots/wrong final ball.

Ah well, there's bigger things than football.:down:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
24 shots 8 on target and clowns are blaming the manager :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, maybe they are right, Potter said he didnt need reinforcements up top... we all know he did, so he carries the can aswell as the profligate strikeforce and lethargic wingers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
He's got a point though! Mooy's gone way off the boil, Maupay can't hit a barn door. My only criticism would be that Potter is leaving it too late to go direct. It was the obvious move and he waited too long.

I can see from your other vitriol-fuelled post against the manager what kind of a fan you are though. That kind of language is uncalled for. The players must do more - we're not safe yet and a few seem too comfortable.

We’re not safe yet? We are going down you pleb! We haven’t won in 2020!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The best passing team to be relegated?

The experiment dies a slow death towards the Championship.

Next time Potter play Murray, Bernardo and Alzate FFS.

I wouldn't have mooy anywhere near it right now. He's lost 2 yards, is slow and ponderous.... Offered nothing.

This is the defining game of our season. All the possession though toothless, missing sitters that any of our rivals wouldve taken at least one of. Soft centred , lightweight and totally clueless.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What other way would achieve more? Hughton's didn't either. We just haven't got the quality of players - end of.

That's the truth of it. We can laugh at Palace's wage bill all we like but they're staying up again and I fear we aren't.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Palace are an absolutely rubbish team, Zaha and Benteke were almost comical up front on the counter attack, yet we still lost.

Maupay is so wasteful and needs to be dropped. This rubbish player who cannot finish at all should be shipped out of the club. That was disgusting.

March was a waste of space as usual.

Mooy over-rated.

Again against weak opposition we failed to take 3 points despite dominating and playing pretty football.

That is not going to help us stay in the Premier League.

He's our top scorer. If we drop him where are the goals going to come from? :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Another game where we conceded minimal chances and still concede.

Not looking good for us now.

Would have taken a point at half time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here